Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

» REPORTHEOSCLEROSIMILIA
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Stranger in a stranger land

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Stranger in a stranger land   Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm

On one highly unusual weekend, Stephan woke up in a room quite not his own. Now this wasn't so unusual that it wasn't his room, considering he moved about frequently, but this didn't seem like a place he would usually sleep. For one, there were no beds and his wallet, mandolin, and luggage were gone. On another point, it was full of people walking too and fro and was, in fact, more of a street. "Well," he thought to himself, "I guess it's time to put my people skills to work." So after getting up, dusting himself off and massaging a very bruised shoulder, he went over to a bystander to ask where he was. They bystander didn't seem to give an intelligible answer, so Stephan asked where that was. Still quite confusing. After going a few rounds of this, the bystander kept repeating Bolitaria... Odd.

So with that in mind, the first thing to do would be to buy a map and have someone explain where things are. But maps cost money. And so do hats. And instruments. And drinks. Well maybe not drinks, but money is important anyway. So the show must go on!

So laying out his vest as a sign of the busker trade from his homeland, Stephan began a moderate and jaunty song to bring people to the wall where stood in view of the street.

"Oh come all ye townies and hear out my song,
should you find the world hard and the days just as long,
come by and share a tune and maybe a coin,
and sing with me now for it's your song to join.

The songs that I sing are all yours to hold dear,
and all you should bring are your hearts without fear.
But as I stand here for you making my jest,
please show your charity here on my vest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Amazed by the clanking sum dropped into his vest, Stephan turns toward his generous patron. "Why yes, good sir. The art is the thing and GAAAHACKAGa!" A look of fright crosses his face as he casts his eyes upon the lupine visage that loomed before him.

Regaining his wits as what little crowd he had managed to attract started to disperse, he addressed this alien denizen of his foreign land.

"... Ummm... My apologies, fair sir. I seem to be unfamiliar with one of your regal composure and fierce bearing. That, and many of my patrons seem to be significantly less prepared for a cold snap. Then again, I am unfamiliar with many things here. Perhaps you may tell me of yourself and your land so that I may know where I have ended up in this pretty wondrous and ponderous world."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Well that was interesting to say the least. Not only was this a werewolf who seemed to be just as alien here as Stephen was, apparently he was a music lover with some flow of extra coin to spend. And not only that, but this would prove an interesting study to say the least...

"Well, friend, I would be delighted to come to lunch with you. Please, lead on."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Stephen, catching up to stride beside his benefactor followed him to their destination, staring at him and thinking all the while.

Well this certainly is a twist... A werewolf. A lycanthrope. A skin changer. I wonder if the legends from home apply here. Does he have a human form? Does his lycanthropy spread through the conventional means? Does he fear silver? ... Alright, you're starting to mix your curiosity and your paranoia again. He just threw down a sum of cash at your feet then offered to lend you a map and take you for a meal with what he had left. On the other hand, he is quite large. I guess I've never considered that a wolf man would need to be. I wonder what... he... eats... Strange world, strange being with teeth, strange customs...

Better safe than sorry.

Upon reaching the restaurant, Stephen hesitates at the door. "Friend Gajeel; I apologize for this, but may I take a moment to take another look at you before we go in? My nerves are acting up again and I believe that should I take the opportunity to acclimate to you, I may reassure them that the foreign features before my eyes are just that."

Now friend, come close so that I may sense your desire.

Last edited by xwiry on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am

After a moment, Stephan backs away. "Again, I apologize. This is all just so new to me apart from singing in public, so it's been a morning. Come, let us get something to eat."

As the pair walk in, they find something to add to the already strange morning. "I'm terribly sorry if this seems obvious, but why are there so many people behind your counter and why are all of you suddenly staring at me? Is there something on my face?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 am

Sitting down, Stephan remarks "You and your strange customs... Though now I'm confused. How could they know you on site if you're only now visiting this city and why were so many people behind the counter when we came in? Does your fame just precede you so far that it heralds your coming to everyone for miles?"

So he is a bounty hunter. This should be quite interesting soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm

"Well why do you do what you do? If it makes all of these people find you so interesting, why do you keep going? Certainly there must be some fascinating reason."

As Stephan says this, many in the restaurant turn their tables towards the unlikely duo or pull up a chair around them. Some order drinks and food to be brought over, some just fidget under their cloaks for things kept in pockets. A few hurry out the door and one man in a corner simply stares at the huddles masses around the wolf, waiting for his moment to come....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 pm

"... Ok, maybe we should find someplace else to eat. This story isn't quite going well and I'm starting to get claustrophobic..." Stephen begins to rise from his seat, but slowly sinks down as he finds a knife pressed against his throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm

"Pardon me, sir," squeaked an oddly relaxed Stephan from under the blade, "...but if I may question your point without begging your edge, but what do you hope to gain from this gentleman in front of me by holding me to a knife? He has no attachment to me, nor do either of us have any knowledge that may be of use to you as far as I know. And if it's money you're after, I think you'll be sorely disappointed... Unless I miss my guess. Why not tell us what your aim is after you and the man across from me have had a chance to calm down."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 pm

"I seem to be fine, but I would be more comfortable back out in the street. Perhaps there will be a vender in the market that we may purchase food from instead." Stephan shudders for a bit as he gets up, but seems fine as he slowly walks through the remainder of the earlier crowd toward the exit.

Alright, I could understand my attempt to sense this werewolf's desire earlier failing. It doesn't seem as though there is anything specific enough to glean from his psyche... But that assailant should have relaxed his blade, not attacked. Something is very wrong here and it's going to kill me if I don't find out what. Then again, I wonder if there are other things to learn here as well. "How a block of wood flies up from a table to strike someone in the head" seems as good a place as any to start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm

"Oh, it's nothing that you need to worry about. I was just remembering something similar that happened back where I am from." And with that, Stephan walks out of the restaurant.

The markets of Centaru are large and diverse, with everything from clothes and jewelry to crafts and arms, all the way to...

"FOOD! Oh good lord, I never knew how much being far from home could make someone so hungry! And the poultry here is to die for!" Stephan exclaimed to his furry new friend, wielding a large drumstick around as a conductor for a grand symphony does his baton. "I have no idea what kind of birds these are from, but I can tell you they certainly don't taste fowl! Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 pm

As Gajeel sinks his fangs into his treat, he notices Stephan walking forward waving a gnarled bone as a baton again before turning to face him. "Well friend, it would seem as though I cannot avoid the fact that after our encounter at the restaurant, I will need some way to defend myself here. By your trade, it would seem that you know far more about weapons, fighting, and whatever maneuver you used to resolve that previous conflict than I do, so I shall depend on you for the moment to help me equip myself to take on the world!" At this, Stephan climbs onto a nearby crate and points in some random direction whilst shouting "ONWARD TO PROGRESS!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwiry
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Stephan takes only a moment to utter a flat "what" before tumbling off of the crate towards his confused companion. Getting up, he quietly queries "I'm sorry, but did you say magic? I had expected to go off in search of a smith for knives, but magic? Do you mean some sort of art or trick unique to this part of the world? Because honestly... Magic?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stranger in a stranger land   

Back to top Go down

Stranger in a stranger land
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next