Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Aftermath - Old Chicago
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am by Flynn

» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

cold light

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: cold light   Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 am

"Quite a few people say.... that to be struck by lightning is to burned a thousand times over. But I say No, to be struck by lightning is to feel the deepest sense of cold available in this plain of existence." Roronoa said as he stared out one of the shattered windows of Castle Markov's western tower. Savage lightning struck at everything within range burning and smiting all it cared to touch.

"Yes, for how could a thing of such cold intensity be warm?" He asked to himself as he turned to head back downstairs, minding the broken steps and pieces of stone that littered the abandoned stairwell.

Since his awakening in the dungeon of this place he had been in such a pleasant mood. He had done it; he had finally escaped the pits of hell and came to the mortal world. Now he had only to escape his new prison and he'd be free to live how he pleased. But for now the lightning outside was enough of a deterrent to stop him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:44 am

Guldfaxe and Fallhöfnirr were doing camping in the forest, after a successful day of hunting. Warming each captured beast's edible parts one by one, using a Radioactive Bullfrog's microwave generator, they regretfully put a Mercury Jellyfish inside. The microwaves reacted to the mercury, and the frog caused a big explosion. Guldfaxe and Fall were both blasted away, crashing through the roof of an old mansion.
"Ugh... Looks like we messed up on that one, eh, papa?", Guldfaxe said, standing up.
"Aye... I should've known jellyfish explode when coming in contact with frogs... Maybe that's why frogs don't eat jellyfish", Fall said, scratching his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 pm

A disturbance caused Roronoa to forgo his own plight for now and focus on this strange new occupation of sound within his prison. as he peered from the second floor balcony he observed two creatures lying a midst pieces of what had once been the roof.

"You two certainly do know how to make an entrance." He said as he leaned over the aged steel banister. "Really, quite smashing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

"Oh, Guldfaxe. Time for our entrance show", Fall whispered to Guldfaxe.

A giant stage suddenly appeared out of nowhere, were Guldfaxe and Fallhöfnir came walking in like feminine models.
"I am Guldfaxe, the Knight of Golden Mane!", Guldfaxe yelled, striking a heroic pose.
"I am Fallhöfnir, the great astrologist!", Fall yelled, as fireworks spouted from the sides of the stage.
Afterwards, silence ensued.
Shortly after, the stage disappeared, and both Guldfaxe and Fall sat down in an Indian stance, with blank expressions on their face.
"So, how's that for an entrance?", Fall asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:53 pm

"it would drive me to tears, had I any tears to shed." Roronoa said as he made his way down the staircase. "I am Roronoa, from the seventh circle of hell, the circle of anger." He said calmly as he bowed to them. his eyes shown with a cold light as he looked between the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

"Ah, mister. No need for fancy introductions", Guldfaxe said. Ironically, that is what he and Fall just did.
"Anyways, what is this sort of thing, 'Circles of Hell'? And where are we?", Guldfaxe asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:24 am

"THe circle is just that. A circular plane of existence within the plane of existence which is hell. As for where we are, I'll admit I awoke here only recently after my escape from the seventh circle." Roronoa said as he approached the front door. "however the exit is not barred and you are free to leave." he said opening the door and turning back to them. Outside lightning struck the ground sending a shjower of rocks into the main room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 am

"Eh. There seems to be a weathery rampage outside", Guldfaxe said, awed by the lightning.
"You wouldn't mind if we stayed here for a while, would you?", Fall asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 am

"I've been here for three days on my own... it hasn't let up at all." Roronoa said as he shut the doors once more. "If the rain picks up a bit more, I can freeze a tunnel to protect myself and leave. As for you, you can do whatever it is you did to get here." He said, not at all concerned for them. instead he stared up through the hole they had made in the roof, perhaps...perhaps..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:33 am

"Uh... Well, you see... We were fighting a hideous atomic sea serpent when its head exploded and-", Guldfaxe said.
"What's that, Guldfaxe? It wasn't a sea serpent! It was a huge swarm of giant rock bisons! How can you forget that kind of stuff?!", Fall said, interrupting Guldfaxe.
"What? No! It was a flying psychic devil monkey! It almost ate our limbs when it...", Guldfaxe said, starting a boring (and fake) story of how they beat numerous (fake) hideous beasts.
"Anyways, his point is, we cannot go back the way we came", Fall said, sighing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:47 am

"well then, I suggest you get comfortable. I do not have time to play babysitter for you two when I head out of here. I'll have trouble enough keeping myself alive." he said plainly, keeping his cool amongst such strange and annoying company.

"Looking up again through the roof at the little bit of water trickling in. "On the other hand, I may be able to get us all out. if you can get me up to the roof, that is." he said looking to the bigger of the two for assistance. "All you'll have to do is get me started and i'll do the rest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:18 am

"Oh, we don't need that babysitting stuff...", Fall said.
"'ey, Guldfaxe. Did you bring some lunch? I'm hungry", Fall whispered to Guldfaxe.
"Huh? I thought you were the one responsible for carrying lunch around!", Guldfaxe said, on a higher tone.
"Well, I'm an old man! I can't just go and do everything! If I was your age, I'd show how we did things in my time!", Fall said, yelling. Apparently, he forgot the fact that Guldfaxe was older than him.
"Ah, well. Right now, we must help our friend reach the roof. And I have the perfect plan for it...", Guldfaxe said. He pulled out a blackboard out of nowhere and started doing some complicated sketches.
"...Okay. These are the plannifications of the rocket we'll use to get out of here", Guldfaxe said, pointing his lance at the board.
"'ey, we don't have resources for that!", Fall yelled.
"...Actually, we could just use my fire magic to propel us all through the roof. However, Guldfaxe, I must ask you to remove your armor and return to your human form, or else you'd be to heavy to lift", Fall said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

Roronoa stood, unable to discern their speech from madness. You don't understand do you?" He said grabbing a candelabra and walking to the door. "Observe.." he said as he tossed the object into an area where no lightning had struck recently. All at once three bolts struck the object follow closely by several more till the only thing left was a molten blob of metal.

"Now observe this.." He said as he placed his hands on the ground and created a box of ice. Taking another of the candelabra he placed it in the box and sealed it before throwing it out into the yard. The box landed and was left untouched. "Do you understand now. Anything conductive will attract the lighting, and with the rain, you'll be struck dead before you make it three feet." As he said this the warm rain had melted a hole through the box and the lightning began to strike once more. "There is a curse on this place, to keep people out. Or to keep something in." He said before returning the the step to sit and stair.

"Before you ask, the air and rain are to warm, the ice melts before I can make it far enough to escape the lightning. And i cannot cannot keep the ice frozen and move at the same time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 am

"Hm. If that's the case... Then what about we escape at Mach 4 speed? With a giant shield over our heads?", Gulldfaxe said, removing his armor and returning to human form.
"Oh, sounds nice, Guldfaxe. However, we must hear what our friend here has to say. Maybe he doesn't like horse rides...", Fall said.
"Mister, I can get us out of here. No need for anything complicated- just let me and papa do the job. What do you say?", Guldfaxe said. Both him and Fall were now trying to take things seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 am

"A giant metal shield" Roronoa said incredulously, hadn't they listened at all? "If you take a shield out their then it will be struck till it melts and kills us all, no matter how fast you travel." what was this mach 4 they spoke of anyway? "I thrown everything I can think of out there; bricks, tables, candlesticks, tubs, and ice. So far the only thing the lightning refuses to strike is ice." he said exasperated, "but feel free to try, I will not stop you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 pm

"Oh, my. It will not be a metal shield, no. Ever saw someone trying to stop lightning with one of those things? It's disgusting. Now...", Guldfaxe said. He summoned Guldtoppr, a magical horse of light, and used "Sparring" to enhance Guldtoppr into Sleipnir. The horse grew two additional pairs of legs. Also, it became faster. Guldfaxe and Fall then got on top of the horse, and Fall gave a rubber glove to Guldfaxe, which he put on his left hand, the hand he was holding his lance.
"Aye. We should be able to peak at Mach 5. Even if metal doesn't stand the lightning... I'm sure light magic will. Better get on, as this is your ticket out", Guldfaxe said, inviting the stranger to get on the horse.
"If anything happens, I could temporarily create a flaming shield which would help us block the lightning enough to return here, or keep trying", Fall said.

(OOC: For more insight on Sleipnir, see here: http://o-v-b.forumotion.com/t51-guldfaxe-s-abilities)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roronoa
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Roronoa stepped back away from the creature and it's riders slowly. Fire? He though internally, remembering the infernal heat of hell and how he had accepted the cold into his heart to escape it. "No. I'll follow behind you, tethered... as far from the fire as possible. The ground is wet and I can coat my boots with ice. I'll be able to slide along behind you." He said as he approached the beast and tied a line of ice from it to himself. "Don't worry on the strength of the line, I'll keep it attached, now if I were you I'd keep that lance pointed straight up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: cold light   Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:45 pm

"Oh, mister. You don't get it, right? I will spin my lance around to create a light shield... With this!", Guldfaxe said, activating Balmung.
"Now, don't worry. My lance will draw the lightning in, but my rubber glove will protect me from most of the harm. Also, the light generated from the spear will eviscerate any drop of drain that strays near, so it'll make your ice line stay there without melting. Now, shall we go?", Guldfaxe said. Commanding Sleipnir to go forward and helding his hand up high, he started holding the lance on the palm of his hand while Fall helped to spin it using a small fire typhoon. The fast spinning generated a shield of light who could stand against the lightning and rain. The fact they were going extremely fast would help them reach their destination faster, thus keeping them from using too much energy.
"You holdin' up? You better do - if you get left behind, it's sure death", Fall said to the stranger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cold light   

Back to top Go down

cold light
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1