Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Aftermath - Old Chicago
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am by Flynn

» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gemini Maxxim
Awaiting

PostSubject: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 pm

"The beacon is tiring... they should be here soon."

Under the light of the evening sun, the cliffs were quiet. Activity was low, save for a lone man. He walked onward in the open environment, waiting for his guests. Gallium was his name. Once a human like any other, Gallium suffered a curse that few could hold claim to. His very self was now one with the magick that had drawn him and his peers through the perils of war. Now, in the eye of the storm, he found himself with an immense power, and a new outlook on the world. Being closer to magick now than any other, he desired to test the world to see if they still deserved it, after its grievous misuse. And so he sent out a calling to all who would hear it to follow him, and to accept his challenge.

"I pray they understand the weight of their choices... else I may be forced to deny them that privilege."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Celestia stood waiting at the borderline of The Cliffs waiting for her beloved Sumaru and his little partner Frosch. Immediately getting bored she decided to walk further into The Cliffs by herself. Activating a tracking beacon on the Eternal Grace placed on Sumaru's finger she would advance. Moments later in her journey she would sense a power aura something she had remembered from her time with Xixas. A Echo Beacon he liked to call it was leader her towards its location. She tended not to ignoring these signs due to her helpful nature as it maybe be various things.

If this was a trap she was sure she could hold her own at least until Sumaru could arrive to help her. Tying up her hair she would feel the power of the beacon increase the closer she came. Certainly others in the area would feel this beacon so she knew that their was a possibility of her not being the only person being here that's what made her most defensive. Just before entering the clearing where the energy pulse was most strongest she would calm herself clearing her thoughts for fresh interactions to keep an open and level headed mind. Setting her eyes on what would appear to be the one that called out for someone she would smile sincerely as she stopped walking to address this person.

"Hello, I'm Celestia I felt your call... What seems to be the issue. Is there anyway I could assist you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:44 pm

It had been less than an hour the beacon arose in the Cliffs, far from the steppes, urging and guiding Corren westward. He had been traveling since, the dusk air chilling. From this height, the landscape was so beautiful. One of the few blessings of flight was no matter how corrupt and blackened this world might be, no matter how infested and destroyed, it always looked breathtaking from among the clouds. The young Seraph folded in his third set of wings, and then second as he approached the location the unknown magic called from its origin.

As he descended, the raging rush of wind messed up and wrinkling his bright white garbs. As many times as he told himself not to descend so fast, it was far too much fun not to do so. Corren found himself on the edge of the western Cliffs with the dusk nearing its peak. There was a powerful magic in the air with incredible potency. He found himself in the presence of two others, a woman he recognized from both the years prior to the initial invasion in one of those blasted nations... Someone he often knew to have been paired with Xixas' Vampire. However, he had never actually met her. The other set him uneasy, the swirling potent magic together with such a strange, unfamiliar Echo kept his mind on edge.

He unwrapped the scarf from over his mouth and the hood from over his head, revealing his angelic features and jet black hair, tanned skin and stately hazel eyes. Shoving his hands into his robe pockets, he spoke "I can only hope I've been blessed with the company of those who prefers a sharp tongue over a sharp sword... As I'm incredibly tired of every Crafter and his black dog trying to skewer me".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemini Maxxim
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Gallium turned his head to face his two new peers. From them he sensed powerful magic, but nothing he was unfamiliar with. That there was only two of them disappointed him; he greatly hoped that others were on the way. First impressions also failed to meet his expectations, though he wasn't quite sure what he was actually expecting. The gruff Seraph and the Angel extending her hand of kindness were both so of-the-norm, he almost felt they bordered on social cliche. With a light sigh he took the time to address his company.

"So it seems you're the first to answer my call... Frankly I was hoping for more. You'll do for now though." He paced back and forth, looking between the two of them. "What you can assist me with is a matter of existential importance. Simply put, I require you to demonstrate your capabilities... and how you choose to wield them. Your decisions may very well seal your fate. Not necessarily by my hand... in fact, more than likely by your own. Of course, you may deny my test if you so desire... but that too is a choice which could prove dire."

To the others, Gallium's confidence must have seemed a fantastical show of arrogance. After all, to them he was just a human. But any smart opponent would have recognized his beacon as a sign that he was more than a mere human. Whether or not they would find out exactly what, he had yet to decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm

"I decline for now, with moderate politeness. If you'll pardon me, I find it unwise to follow the words of a man who speaks in such false testament. But I've never been fooled by first impressions... I'll keep you both company and continue to observe". Wrapping his scarf around his mouth, Corren shivered, beginning to feel the chill that followed the altitude of the Cliffs. He had tried to greet his acquaintances with friendly humour regarding the recent infection of Crafters. Considering the responses, it came to thought he might have appeared immature in the forefront. The Seraphym grimaced behind his scarf.

Still, Corren kept his senses sharp, closely monitoring the flow of Echo that came from this man. After gauging the fact this stranger was in no way human, Corren began feeling doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Celestia knew something suspicious was afoot although she foolishly walked into it again. She knew she had the option to turn this request down but after the Seraphym's denial Celestia felt obligated to partake in this test of strength. She of course wasn't the strongest in any area she definitely had room for improvement in all areas but she was never one to back down. Stepping forward she raised her hands in rather unusual stance which clearly showed her inexperience. Although she was five hundred year old she hardly ever had to fight but was one of magical support of course this would have to change in the future.

"A show of strength is what you want I'm sure I won't provide much of a challenge but I could hold you off until others arrive."

Her honesty in most cases could be seen as foolishness but it was a trait of most Angels. Celestia would wait for her opponents first move seeing as how responding before know his strength would surely end this duel. Just in case she needed extra assistance she would reveal her wings that where ready for flight whenever she deemed necessary. Sumaru would be there soon as well so she would have to stand tall until then. She worried about what he would think or how he would react about this "test" but that was important at the moment.

"Shall will begin, Mister?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Scarecrow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Sumaru had been following Celestia from the very beginning. His location? He was inside her shadow just casually following her. He didn't know what this was so he decided to stay hidden until he was needed. There were many strangers around this beacon of power. It was drawing people in. The man that was already at the site asked for a favor. He wasn't paying much attention but he decided to keep himself concealed in the darkness for a tad bit longer to hide his presence for what was to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]   

Back to top Go down

Challenger Approaching [Open - Freeform]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1