Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Thrill of the Clutch

+3
Flynn
Hush
Octo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Thrill of the Clutch - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thrill of the Clutch

Post by Six Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Stepping into the room, Corren found himself disappointed. The design was, again, florid in every manner which screamed for attention almost as loudly as that foolish Antithei which Corren still patted himself on the shoulder for. Upon realization of the new scripture, Corren exhaled and shook his head. He was playing chess and his opponent just set up a Father's Vice rook entrapment and acts as if Corren didn't see. The Seraph boy saw.

Without missing a beat, Corren took a step towards the red Cae and placed a hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He opened his mouth to speak and kept silent for a heartbeat to allow his thoughts to flow freely with conjunction to the Cae.

"א ף פ ע ם ל א ע ו מ ד ל נ צ ח  ה צ ט ר פ ו ת"

The runic verses poured from his mind and into the Cae. The ancient language of the Cae, known only to the Cae and few others. Corren explained swiftly and took a step backwards, nodding.

"Tell the other Cae".
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Flynn Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:45 pm

"You, a lowly Darkling, dare speak our mother language to those who don't understand? And with that, you speak a terrible plan. What worthless, lowly scum would think of such a terrible idea?"

Disgusted, I turned from the other Caelator to Corren. The Darkling was standing there, no emotion obvious from his body language. A smirk played on my lips, as venom drenched my voice. Turning, I put my gaze on Corren- his calm face angering me after the bloodshed that had taken place in the halls. More anger came, the dam bursting. Fear from being trapped, being manipulated, being killed, watching those I love die, being sent into an alien place to learn to live again, and then being dragged here? No. I was done. And those words in Cae would be the key to my plan, they were a pawn to move to the enemy lines, and gain a Queen.

"And YOU. You continue to play with our captor as though this were just a game, with no punishment or unjust reward. You let a living being die back there. And for that, maybe YOU should die too. After all, you do want to play the game. Maybe you're not right in the head. Do you already have Stockholm? Or maybe you have some disease, which makes you a sick bastard." Scoffing, I shook my head. "Don't you ever use my tongue again, you worthless cur. I'll cut your tongue out and give your blood to my hounds, before listening to you say a damn thing."

Rolling my eyes, I dissipated my visor, white hair spilling out around me. Glaring, I let the Seraph look me in the eye- relaying the message that was already within my words. I was more than ready to fight, and if it was with him.. May the gods be on my side, for once.

"I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Mongrel."
Flynn
Flynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information:

https://o-v-b.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 pm

In the middle of the Light Cae's speech, Corren looked away and began counting on his fingers. "One.. Two.." He shoved his hands in his pockets upon her finishing. "You really like the words "tongue" and "lowly" and "terrible". I mean, those aren't exactly what I'd choose as my catch phrases but whatever suits you". Corren lifted the sheath of his dagger which somehow had found the dagger back home after he had dropped it in the hallway. He pointed it at her face so close it could tap her nose.

"But a lowly and terrible cur such as myself should hold my tongue with such terrible and lowly looses of my.. tongue. Did I do it right? Egh, maybe you should stick to your own lowly and terrible tongue".

Corren slipped into a bored smile. "Your poor speech hurts me far more than your blade ever could".
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynn Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:17 pm

I summoned my chakram, before attacking Corren. My other Chakram was now whirling around us, Creating a Wall with its Trail. The others were now unable to see, and I gave Corren a minor apologetic look before moving in with a side kick and a forward punch using the blade.
Flynn
Flynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information:

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Once the walls of light veiled Serephene and Corren from their company, Corren's shoulders sagged in relief. He glanced at her with an apologetic return mixed with guilt, them coupled with a smile as he raised the small pure glass-like shield from his to meet her blade. The instant contact was met, the glass shuddered and sucked the entire nearby curtain of light into its vortex and forcibly channeled it towards the Cae, which would be taking her active magic and shoving it backwards through her magic veins with it still in shape.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynn Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:42 pm

The effect was immediate.

My veins were pouring over with the magic being thrust back, and the pain was immense. I didn't get thrown back, I wasn't thrown through a wall. Rather, my body lost all rigidity, and I fell like a limp rag to the ground. I couldn't even scream from the pain. Flummoxed, I tried to assess the injury, but just couldn't think past the pain. It was overpowering. Past experiences of being evicerated, of having my bones broken and rebroken, of any painful memory welled up, but came nowhere near this pain.

I felt as though I were dying.
Flynn
Flynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octo Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Vale, these guys know how to get their way around dog caca as soon as it shows up on the floor! Guess I forgot about this... Language they appear to be speaking. Or maybe I didn't know about it at all. But... Huh. The armorettos and flash-flesh here seem to understand it pretty good. I mean, not that any plan they might come up with will break the game, but... Hm. Extra preparations are in order, sì!

...Now... I need some scoop in on the action going on inside that barrier. Hey, Giancarlo! Get inside that barrier, will you!? Oh, but watch out to not make yourself visible. Just... Mantenere l'cool, sì? Hehe!

Oh, no! Mister "Don't let me into my zone" just... Did something bad to missy "Lowly terrible tongue", it would seem! Mamma!
Well, I guess a call should be in order. Too bad! And I thought me and Warp-Zone could get along. What a big, big sham! This is calumny to my eyes, really! Ahaha!

----

You'll get no sympathy from me, bambini!

Ale, ale! Come on! Fighting again?! You sure are one to pick fights, Vanishame! Poor neon-frisbee! I was just checking in the perimeter regardless to make sure you two weren't doing something... not appropriate for a place like a playground. Don't be sly, now, hotshots!

...Fighting! I most definitely meant "fighting"! Prometto! Ahahahaha!

I guess you guys already know the drill! I'll be calling your mamma, capire, UFO-carrier? Don't be scared: she'll be coming soon. Just lemme...

...Aló? Sí, es Burlone.
...Pero por qué? Qué paso?
...Ah, ya. Por un ratito me preocupé.
Vale, pana. Te veo.

Finitto! She'll be coming over now to resolve this conflict, eh? So stay still! No more pranks, apposto?

Might wanna get those frisbees back before you lose them, too. Just sayin'.

----

No warning preceding it, an extremely loud sound echoed deeply across the circus tent. The sound resembled the clang of dropping metal into the ground. A repugnant, ferrous odor swiftly stagnated the air. It was pretty easy to infer that something else was summoned. This time, however, it was harder to tell what it was because of the light wall. At least, for those who were inside. For those who were outside, what they saw...

Spoiler:

A dragon, standing on all fours, covered in extremely thick armor plating. The atmosphere took a succinct drop in temperature, as if the mere presence of the creature caused the air around it to cool.
Not only that, but the powerful magnetic field its plates had created was sure to attract any distinct metal item the guests may have been carrying.

The creature merely stood in a proud posture, almost as if waiting for something to happen. It stood there, immobile, taking semblance to a statue.

Her child would show up soon. She, unable to find her, merely decided to wait. Any sign of her child's location, or that of her aggressor, was sure to whip up her senses and get her moving again.
Octo
Octo
Awaiting

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:14 pm

As the light veil faded, Corren stood with a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. Senseless violence is wasted. However, with a target to exact his frustrations on in any violent way he might deem necessary, he welcomed it. This "mother" was a drake with metallic plates covering its body. However, it meant little if it meant to protect from Corren's blade.

The dagger began to propel itself towards the drake with compulsion and Corren had no intention of denying it. In fact, he decided to assist the force at work. With four of his six wings spreading, fully visible and bright to all who might see the seventeen foot wingspan. Each feather was made of pure blinding light as if crafted from heaven's silk. If not in such a situation Corren might be compelled to parade around.

With a mighty burst of speed, Corren launched himself at the beast with the dagger in hand. However, he aimed the hilt of the dagger forward instead of the blade..
As he approached, just before contact was made, Corren Flickered, vanishing from view and appearing in the same instant on the other side of the drake closest to the wall. In a seamless move, he tapped the hilt against the edge of the room and sealed it with Time magic where no matter of magnetism of force could remove it. He dropped his arms and turned towards the creature with a look of indifference.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Sumaru was becoming annoyed, especially with the female Knight. She was very annoying and held herself up on a high horse when in reality she wasn't anything. Before Sumaru could speak up and insult her someone else had done it for him.

It seemed as though his comment had sent her over the edge as in a split instance there was a wall of light separating everyone else from them. The sudden flash of light blinded Sumaru so in an split instance he fired a mini Roar of the Shadow Dragon right towards the wall. In another split instance the wall had dissipated and the roar went over what appeared to be the female Knight who was in the floor in pain. Sumaru smirked as he shut his mouth thus ending the roar. "I guess she was all tal-" Before he could finish his sentence he was cut off by Don Burlone. He sucked his teeth as this man was even more annoying then the female who was on the ground in pain. It seemed as though another one of the "Mothers" were called down to attack Corren. "Two times in one day? You must not have a very good track record."

Sumaru watched as Corren lunged at the beast to attack it. Sumaru looked down at the female and wondered if now would be a good time to cut her up and feed her to the altars. He then had another idea. He looked to the others and began speaking "That thing. If we all team up against it and manage to defeat it. We can cut it up and feed it to the altars." Sumaru created his Shadow Wings and took a starting position as if he were about to start sprinting. He off and jumped into the other and began to fly. He zoomed towards the monster and turned so that his back faced the monster. He flew as high as he could and then entered a free fall. He hardened his wings and made it so that they were as sharp as blades. He had the wings sticking out so that they were also perfectly facing the monster. He raised both of his arms into the air as he was free falling and created an X with them. He generated shadows into each of them and shot them out thus boosting him towards the beast at fast speeds. He jetted down towards the beast in a free fall and attempted to impale the monster with his sharp wings.
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:59 pm

The monster, yet another one, kept a firm first place on his priority list. The passing idea the vampire gave certainly intrigued him, but the fact it would be dead caught him more. If everyone was going to attack it, he wasn't going to stand by. Without hesitating, dragon wings began to form on his back, and he flew low to the ground. During this, dragon head claws began to form on his hands. He sped toward it, and skid to a stop right in front of the beast.

"Just how many do we have to deal with.."

A sudden burst of ice and frost took the spot where Zechs used to be, as he jumped straight up from where he stood, attempting to cut up through he entire monster's body with his claws.  
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Octo Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:42 pm

With the light wall vanishing, all five figures could now be assessed. The dragon already knew the three figures visible outside of the wall weren't involved in the offense at all. Her child appeared to be inside the barrier; now that it was gone, the creature's child was finally visible.

Writhing in pain.

And the only other figure inside the luminous perimeter...
Was the aggressor, clearly.

Priorities: Protect child. Brush the influence of her aggressor off the plane of flesh.
Attempting to keep an eye over the malicious scoundrel the entire time was tricky - nigh to impossible. It flashed around the tent in an undescribable blink, making constant watch something difficult.
After a short re-briefing of the area, the dragon found the aggressor just behind its tail.

The other figures appeared to leap into the pit of the Styx, getting ready for offense. However, the creature had no will to even direct its gaze at them. One slow, calm step at a time, it was headed towards her child with no intention of offense.

Her current objective: To stand over her child. To brush off any future offenses against her.

To protect her from vile influences.

To eradicate the Styx and replace it with Cocytus.
Octo
Octo
Awaiting

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2