Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

» REPORTHEOSCLEROSIMILIA
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Seafarer's Ignorance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information: Owner of Cedric/Erynn/Serephene.

PostSubject: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Dear Xixas,

Three years... Three years at sea, and I still haven't accomplished what I set out to do. At the beginning of this gods forsaken task, I had hope. I had hope that maybe, just maybe, one of the farlands had a clue as to what to do for your conditions. I've seen Shamans, Voodens, Heretics, Priests, and the like.. But not one knew of your kind. Not one knew of how to help.

You probably know this, but Pirates are more abound outside our lands than inside. I thought that they were merely a tale to keep seafarers wary and worn. I was wrong. The first year, we had three attacks. We were broadsided within a moment, my crew practically slaughtered like a newborn calf. Fifteen men lost within a fortnight. Gods, the smell... We still can't get the bloodstains out of Aelissa's shroud and deck boards. I no longer had enough man to warrant a second or third mate. My First Mate, Erich, lost his leg to them. If it weren't for my healing abilities, we'dve lost him to the sharks. By the Gods, Xixas, I thought I could do this. I thought I could somehow find a way to get through to you, to make you have the will to live once more. But it wasn't the fairy tale I imagined it to be. I...

I failed you. Three years, and nothing to account for it but scars and sorrow. I lost good men to that damned ocean, my liege. Fifteen men with families. I still remember my youngest crewmate. He was nothing but a cook's mate, but he was the first to see them. Immediately ran to me, you know. Slamming his bucket against the posts longside the Aelissa to wake up the crew. I was the last to awake, when he slammed the door to my chamber open. A man had followed him, and only caught up with him when he shook me awake. If it weren't for that young man, I would be dead. His name was Aaron, Aaron Brooks. The look on his face when the bastard stabbed him... It was as though he didn't feel it. He looked down, saw the blade sticking out of his chest and everything.. But all he registered was mild surprise. I can't forget that face. I remember the sound of my scream, the feeling of my glaive eviscerating the pirate... And I remember holding Aaron, trying to heal that jagged hole in a futile gesture of self-loathing. I remember killing the rest of the intruders, slicing them open and leaving them to bleed on my deck to attack their comrade.

Why? Why did I fail? What could I have done differently?

A guttural growl came from the Cae, her eyes burning orange in the dusk light. The Captain's cabin lit only by the dying daylight, the wide windows mismatching. Newer panes in high contrast than the older ones, grime and dried blood marking the difference. Holding her head, the Cae took a calming breath- yet another worthless gesture. Scars crisscrossed over her bare forearms, her shirt's sleeves rolled to her elbows. Her coat stood on the rack beside the door- bloodstains and sewn cuts marking the shared experience with its owner. Greased, unkempt hair fell over the her face, a long scar on the right side of her face stark in the amber light.

"I'm so, so sorry Zechs. I couldn't do what you asked, much less keep my promise to Six..."

A knock rapped against the thick wood panel of Serephene's door, brisk in manner. Startled, the Cae jumped slightly- knocking the ink bottle to the floor. The only acknowledgement this received from Sere was a sigh, as she locked her journal up once more to store it in her satchel. Rising from her place at the desk, she strode over to the door, no pause given spare the look towards her jacket. Opening the exit, she nodded to her first mate- a man in his early thirties. His black hair was tied back in a trim ponytail, a handsome face bearing a small smile to his superior. Saluting, he clicked his heel to the peg he now called his right calf. The scars on his body were easily missed, as you could hardly see past his sharp and dark features.

"Captain, I must report that we'll soon dock into port. The Maelyss, as you must know, feeds to Mayhal Castle town. You have thirty minutes of daylight to prepare milady."

Nodding her head, she accepted his report and waved him away. Not taking the dismissal for what it was, Erich caught her chin and turned it to face him- a frown obvious on his face. "Milady, you need to eat. Clean up. Dress yourself to be fit in the presence of your comrades. You've been looking forward to this for so long.." Letting the statement linger, his golden eyes moved past the Cae to the spilled ink. "I'll have Issac  clean that for you. Sarah will prepare you a warm bath."

"Erich... Why? Why does it matter anymore?"

The First Mate inclined his head, a frown pulling his lips downward. "Why did you bother to save my life? Why did you fight by our side against pirates, haggards, invaders the like? Because it's needed of you, milady. Please, don't let this trip truly be for naught."

With that, he turned around to bark orders to the crew. Shaking her head, she returned to her Cabin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://o-v-b.forumotion.com
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm

A shadowy figure stood at stood waiting at the docks of the Maelyss River, its goal was unknown but its stood waiting and patient. Many eyes focused in on the shadow figure determined to see what its next move would be. It had seemed that the figure took the shape of a humanoid women as its body and all the curves provided and nearly this intellectual hypothesis.

The woman was dressed from head to toe in in a suit of armor which appears to be more of cloth that metal substance. Nothing seemed rather unique about this smokey black armor besides the metallic rose embedded into the center of her chest. Her face completely hidden from view as a tattered hood and a concealing helm cast a dark shadow over her eyes causing them to not be seen by others. Unbeknownst to anyone in the area the shadow woman was waiting for a particular person to show up.

"Lord Serephene, it has been three years since your departure... I hope you have managed to reach your goal. Things are starting to become dangerous, we will need you at the peak of your ability so we can fight whatever it is that going to happen... I Katerrina Kertia will stand by your side and honor your wishes to the end. I am grateful that you have honored my wishes allowing me to act independently these lasy three years but now it is time for me to assist you in your endeavors."

Katerrina has spent days trying to reach this very location, two horseback riding adventures and a long trek to reach this very spot, her emotions began to swell immensely from excitement to nervousness she pondered what Serephene had gone through within these past three years. She would wonder if the Light Cae would be proud of her accomplishments, how much she has grown and the title she has gained. People had dubbed her the Shadow Assassin from her achievements in silent indirect take-downs...

Katerrina would stare out in the open river until she saw the sight of an approaching vessel. She felt a familiar echo one of which she hasn't felt in ages... She was sure that this was Lord Serephene's echo, oddly enough something had changed with her lords echo. It was obvious that her echo was much more powerful than Katerrina would remember but something was off and she couldn't put her hand on it. As the vessel neared the dock Katerrina would began to recall her armor back into her being so she could address her lord as she would three years ago.

Her skin appeared as any Cae would, a extremely pale caramel texture surrounded by an odd dark purplish aura. Her face small and rounded all but help complement her chilling yet calm icy blue eyes. Her long braided cherry blossom hair fell from the loose knit bun she placed it in whenever she applied her armor. Just as the sun began to set over the Maelyss river it was now time for Katerrina to make her move. Walking towards the now docked vessel she would craftily sneak on board of Lord Serephene's ship. Using her cloak to blend in with the other crew members she would quickly make her way to the location where Serephene's felt the strongest.

Entering what she assumed to be the light Cae's private chambers Katerrina remain silent moving with almost no sound as she let the door close behind her. Moving into the shadows provided by her from the dimly light chambers. She began to close in on her Lord's position now being able to see her silhouette Katerrina would momentarily reveal herself from the shadows only to address her closest ally...

"It has been a long time hasn't it Lord Serephene. I trust your travel have been safe?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Serephene's Glaive and armor were out in a flash of brilliant light, just before the shadowed figure spoke. The Cae's echo was easily detected, her existing flare bright in Sere's mind's eye.

"Yes, Katerrina. It has been a very long, arduous time..."

Footsteps could be heard, pounding against the wooden boards of the ship's deck. The Aelissa's crew burst the door open, breaking the hinges of the solid oak. Erich was the first to reach the premises, his revolver aimed at the rose-haired maiden.

"Halt! How the hell did you get here?!"

Gritting his teeth, the First Mate continued to glare at the Dark Cae- until Serephene gently put her armored hand on the muzzle of the firearm. Shocked, Erich stared at his Captain before begrudgingly lowering his weapon- though he chose not to holster it. The rest of the crew stood at attention as soon as their leader went through with this action, saluting her before returning to their positions. Only Erich remained at his Lady's side.

"Katerrina, I understand that you might have wanted to see me- though I suggest you warn the crew next time."

Sending her Glaive away in a blossom of light, Serephene turned her now turquoise gaze to her Retainer- amused. She remembered when this girl was but a recruit, the only thing getting her to that point were her skills and those striking ice-blue eyes. Though like all Cae they changed with her emotions, her eyes always seemed to return to that harsh blue. Serephene couldn't help but relate it to Zechs, and a her eyes darkened with pain. So many years had gone by.. Would her companion even be alive still? Healthy? Happy? Could he have fallen in love, finally? Found the power that he sought for so long? Hope surged through her, suddenly. Maybe he had found the cure for Xixas.

"Katerrina, tell me. What has happened since I left?"
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Katerrina's heart fluttered after hearing the voice of her Lord after so long. It was almost just as she could remember but there was something odd about it. It had seemed to hold a slight sadness in the sense that the light Cae was not able to complete some sort of task. Katerrina almost did not notice the very fact that her Lord had summoned her armor and weapon in response to her rather unexpected arrival.

"Lord Serephene I am sorry if I have startled yo-"

Within a moments of the door being torn from it's hinges, Katerrina would slide back into the darkness quickly, pulling a knife from the leg strap she had hidden from under her cloak. She would have to remind herself that this was not one of her assassination missions as she lowered her weapon from view but refusing to put it away. She would take an honest interest in the male that entered the room first he was one of the few that was allowed to point a weapon at her and still be breathing. If it was not for her Lord standing in the room she would ended his life just as quickly as he dared to point his weapon at her. But now was not the time for Katerrina to handle this man's insolence she had other affairs to attend to.

"I am sorry Milady, it seems that my instincts have taken over me within this moment. It was also a chance for me to observe the people in which have been entrusted to protect you from danger these past years, I can truly say..." Katerrina's eyes would turn a very dark shade of red as she looked deep into the eyes of the man that bursted into the room moments ago, "I'm not impressed."

Katerrina within this moment let her anger cloud her judgement as she returned her gaze to Serephene but what see would see on her Lords face and eyes were feeling of worry and sadness. Now hearing her lords request Katerrina's eyes would return to the chilling blue they had always been as she paused for a moment on how she would tell her Lord what information she had desired.

"The Mercenary King seems to doing well Milady, he and his kingdom have grown in strength since the last time you have met him... It has also been reported that he recruited a strange male who had been locked in a hundred year prison. What is most interesting about the stranger is that he seems to have known the Mercenary King's grandfather and has served under him for several years. It would appear that the King has led a peaceful life and yet was not able to find any answers regarding King Xixas..."

Katerrina was sure to handle the next part of her information carefully she did not want to make her Lord unhappy as she could tell that something had been bothering her already.

"Well... Milady things have been rather hectic since your departure regarding Concuclare... Not long after your departure Xixas had ordered that each and every retainer responsible for looking after him be exiled from Concuclare... In addition to that King Xixas has discovered a new retainer, a young woman named Brielle and it would seem that she is the only one allowed to be with him at any time. I have tried requesting several audiences with him myself on your behalf but all attempts have been denied. As far as anyone knows, his condition has not improved... But Milady something odd has happened that may involve King Xixas and in the worse case scenario harm him.

The dark Cae  had been unsure if she should give out this certain piece of information but if her Lord knew she had it and was also keeping if from her Katerrina would be sure that her days on this planet would be numbered.

"Several weeks ago there had been reports of a massive Genocide against the Western Coven of Vampires. Not a single soul was left alive and what's even more surprising is that a man known as the Fourth King had admitted to causing the mass Genocide. Normally this bit of information wouldn't not have been bothersome for anyone outside of the Covens but... The Fourth King... is supposedly working with a man known as... Exsolus Dei Mori... It would seem that the Vampire Covens do not know of Xixas illness and intends on recruiting his kingdom for help in a fight against the Fourth King and furthermore Exsolus.[/color]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:43 am

After the words left Katerrina's mouth, a blinding gale of light began to gather around the Aelissa. Darkining to crimson in hue, Serephene turned her luminous eyes to her retainer. Anger was obviously the light Cae's emotion, as the ship began to rock on the water. Men shouted to each other to tie themselves to the ship- which explained the rope around everyone's waists. Knowing better than not to, Erich tied his own rope through a metal loop in the ceiling, holding onto the rope while keeping a pistol drawn on his Captain.

"Serephene! You have to calm down!"

Almost as though she were deaf to her crew's calls, Serephene slowly made her way to Katerrina- unperturbed by the rocking of the ship. Some of the light coalesced into her Glaive, gathering like a lightning bolt in the light Cae's hand before solidifying. Striking the weapon downward against the ship, Serephene gripped her Soulbound weapon like it was the only thing anchoring her to this world. The light was beginning to gather in a thicker plane, almost like lightning in the way it was drawn to the Captain.

"Serephene, leave her alone! She's your retainer! You asked her for the news, now take heed to what she said! Being angry now won't help you!"

Though Erich continued to shout these words, his voice sounded almost as through it were under water. The light in the room was beginning to thicken, ever moving inside the closed quarters. Swallowing, Serephene took a deep breath.

The crimson hue of the light began to leave, pure silver taking its place.

Another breath.

The ship began to ease its rocking, slowing the motion until it was eerily still. Serephene continued her breathing, and the pressure of the light began to wane until the only sources of light were the candles or torches on the ship, and Serephene herself. Opening her eyes again, she met her retainer's icy gaze with her own silver hued eyes.

"Is that all? I must know now if I need to chain myself for the safety of my men, Katerrina. I apologize for my outburst, and hope that I haven't harmed you."

Turning her head to look at Erich from the corner of her helm, Serephene flicked the ring finger of her left hand- a signal. Nodding, Erich untied himself before bolting outside- talking and calming the crew before getting them back into gear for unloading the goods and tying the Keel and bascht to the dock.

Once more, Katerrina had Serephene's full attention.
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Katerrina had ran into the exact issue that she wanted to avoid. She had visibly angered Serephene with her words enough so that the Dark Cae was forced to summon her armor, Grandia out of the pure fear. It had been a while since Katerrina had felt this emotion as her chilling blue eyes morphed to a pale white tent with streaks of red filled with fear. It took every will of her being not to summon her dual blades Kartas in attempt to protect herself from the harsh gale force. Katerrina had known that her Lords anger had not been focused solely on her but she thought that it was a smart idea to no escalate the situation by summoning Kartas.

Another emotion brought forth along with fear was undeniable jealously at how the young male that seemed to have some apparent bond with Serephene was able to calm her down slowly but surely. Katerrina's was also able to regain her calm as well as the swarm of white light began to disperse returning the room to it's normal lighting. Katerrine was able to withdraw her armor once more as the fear would fade from her eyes. She didn't want to affect the Lord more than she had already been and luckily Katerrina had no more information to offer that the same time.

"Yes, Milady it would seem that this is all the information I have at this time... Although I would think it be best if WE would hurry and demand an audience with King Xixas there is no telling when the Vampire Coven will ask for his help and even more when the rest of the world will find out about his illness... But I will leave the matter up to you."

Katerrina purposefully added emphasis to "we" to let Lord Serephene know that she will be in close proximity of her at all times. Katerrina wasn't sure of what the light Cae had encountered in his travels but this world has grown much darker and now was the time when people needed to rely on others even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Yanking her Glaive out of the Aelissa's wood, Serephene took long strides out onto the main deck, looking at her main mast. The proud ship was weather worn, and needed new nettings on the shrouds.

"Erich!"

The First mate was beside his Captain in a moment, saluting Serephene. A breeze carried the Cae's scarf against the moonlight, her armor reflecting and refracting the light in a beautiful pattern against the oak and birch woods of the Aelissa. Turning to her crew, she looked each one of them in the eyes- matching their gaze stride for stride. Holding Leudmundslist in front of her, Serephene raised her head in pride.

"Gentlemen. It's been five years since I've seasoned as your Captain. The past three we've been at sea. It's been a long, arduous journey with each and every one of you." Her helmet slowly began to fade in a small flurry of light, much like cherry blossoms in a spring breeze. Her short white hair blew in the breeze, the tips a pale amber in the silver moonlight. All of the men were entranced, not just by her visage, but by the words she spoke. "Issac is our best Crow. His nest is the one we rely on against any danger out in the sea." Her gaze turned to the young man sitting atop the Main Mast, who saluted her in turn. "Our cannons are only armed and up to par thanks to Aaron's knowledge with Pewter, gods bless him. Jakob, always able with a fishing net." She continued on with this, acknowledging each sailor in turn. Tears burned in their eyes as well as hers. Everyone knew what this meant.

"And finally, Erich..."

Turning to her First Mate, she offered a bitter smile.

"You have been there for us in the roughest of waters. If it weren't for you, I'm sure we'd would have lost our shrouds early on, and our keel half way through. Your navigation is par with none, above all. Thank you." Steeling herself once more, she inclined her head. "However, I have a mission. We all know what we set out for when we left the docks of Maelyss. Though we may have failed, we have brought crops for our people. Rare gems, treasures for the ageless ones." Gripping a fist she gathered light like a burning torch in the night. Her men all saluted once more, like one fluid machine. "But I must travel with my Retainer to see an old friend. I'm no longer a Lieutenant. I'm no longer your Captain. For now, I am your friend. Until we return to the sea, I want you men to replace the Shrouds of the Aelissa! Scrape the barnacles off her keel, make her hull shine like the stars in the night sky! Give her a new Mizzenmast, and make my Quarters spic an span! Make every nook and cranny of the old girl reflect your ugly mugs like a mirror in the light! And my final order..."

Smirky, she threw the light grasped in her right arm above the ship, causing a ripple of light go over her men. A burst of fire-work patterns fell over them. "Don't forget to be glorious in whatever you accomplish in the time it takes for me to return to you. As you were!"

Turning to her retainer, Serephene gathered light for her helmet once more. The temporary goodbye to her crew had left tears flowing down her cheeks, and she'd rather not show that side of her to anyone. Erich, of course, wasn't fooled. Rather, he grasped Serephene's back before hugging her. Patting her comrade, she nodded- signalling Katerrina to lead her down the bridge and onto the main land.

"Pardon me if I'll have to get my lawdy legs back, as I haven't set foot on true land in the six months it took to return here."
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Katterina remainded silent as her Lord gave her speech to the crew. Oddly enough as jealousy filled her heart once again she would also feel thankful for the crew that had protected Serephene. Out of few of her Lord, Katerrina would offer a bow of her own as to thank the crew she felt they at least deserved this small amount of kindness from the dark Cae. Although she had brought herself to bow for the whole crew Katerrina still felt a silent rage against the man she had now known to be Erich. Surely enough none of this would matter in a few moments as it would appear Lord Serephene was bidding her crew a farewell.

Noticing a signal to take the lead on their brand new expedition Katerrina slowly made her to the bridge of the rather worn out vessel. Katerrina would nod in agreement with her Lord's words of the possibility of having to take a slow pace but it was fine. As Katerrina was sure that her and Serephene were out of earshot from others she made sure to brief light Cae on the way she wished to travel, "Milady, I know this may seem like an odd request, but I would like to stay hidden in the shadows out of view from you and anyone else we may encounter. I understand it may be an unnecessary precaution but it will allow us to have the upper hand in things get sticky."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Looking out of the corner of her eye, Serephene nodded. The strategy was a sound one, and one that they had used several times before. Walking down the harbor's dock, Serephene put her Glaive on her back- the hook just under her Scarf. This was mainly for the intimidation factor, as sailors from other crews knew the weapon well- despite her long time away. A few new legs asked the older ones, but they were quickly hushed with a single title- The Golden Star. The light Cae took a deep breath when the term first came to her ears, as it had been a very very long time since it was associated with her.

Making her way to the Merchant hut that had travelling supplies, Serephene opened the door slowly to see an elderly woman behind the counter. Seeing her customer, the older lady put a pipe to her mouth and took a long drag, blowing the smoke out of her nose in a slow plume of grey. The smog hung thick in the air, but didn't phase Serephene in the slightest. Rather, she tilted her head in a small incline before putting a hand to her hip.

"Old woman, don't you think you should stop that habit? You're going to die soon enough, no need to rush it."

At this, the old woman burst into laughter, more smoke polluting the air around her. "Three thousand years on you, and you still have enough sass to blister my buns! It's been a while, Star of Amber. I see that you're back after the short trip. What can I get for you and your friend?" The dragon Paradigm's eyes flashed, catlike slits catching the shadows easily. One couldn't simply fool an Elder like that. Smiling the light Cae pulled out three rubies and an emerald, laying them on the counter. "Running supplies and a horse."
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:03 am

Katerrina had once again chosen to keep her armor within her being until the moment she would leave Serephene's side. She wanted all in the area to know her face as it might be the last they see if they would dare to do anything foolish. Even still her would prefer sticking to the darkest parts of the area as they made their way to what appeared to be a Merchant's Hut. Katerrina waited before Sere into the shop. There was no need to hide from a Merchant especially when they would have no reason to harm their customers and tarnish the shop's reputation.

Waiting near the entrance Katerrina glared at the rather old shop merchant it would see her and Lord Sere had requested gear. Katerrina pondered for a moment of what else they could possibly need in their adventures, "Ma'am do you have any weaponry fitting for an assassin I particularly collect interesting daggers and sword like weapons there of but weapons befitting ninja are also acceptable as well. Oh... yeah sleeping bags and a holster for storage for the horse."

Katerrina reached to the back of his cloak where she held pouches of several forms of currency within this realm. In particular she reached for the pouch filled with her precious jewels many of which were taken from her time in the DOS mines with the addition of rare emeralds and rubies certainly enough to pay for whatever the dark Cae desired. Katerrina's eyes would turn a golden hue as she thought about the possibility of the merchant having the items she specifically wanted, thoughts for killing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:11 am

Turning, the older woman left the shop- going into the back space for storage. It was several moments before they heard the older woman sifting through the supplies, even seeing her take certain goods from the shelf. Impatiently, Serephene crossed her arms which caused her scarf to gently sway from the movement. When it stopped however, Serephene immediately took her glaive off of her back- whipping it overhead before bearing it down towards the door.

Eyes orange and narrowed, the light Cae stared at the exit- sensing someone's presence.

"Show yourself, now."

One heart beat. Two heart beats. Three heart beats.

A figure clad in a thick cloak entered the store from the dusk shadows, a slow sway giving away his limped gait. Serephene's eyes narrowed even further, the light from her eyes a mere slit of amber light.
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:32 am

Katerrina's golden and excited glare quickly morphed to her signature assassin's glare at the feeling of another mysterious echo approaching. Her dark blood red eyes swiftly move to the other side of the door before the figure could enter. Removing the blade from the leg strap around her right leg once again, Katerrina would decide to wait until the figure you enter the room before making her move.

She stayed silent as she wrapped her cloak around her to stay hidden from view as will as to keep her face and defenseless body hidden. Just as the figure's back was to her , Katerrina would lunge forward swiftly curving knife wielding arm around the right side of the figures body aiming for it's Jugular. She would be sure to stop her assault just as the blade made contact with the strangers neck hoping to draw even the slightest amount of blood.

Katerrina would even go as far thrusting her right knee upward into the back of the of the target just in case her blade missed it's target.

"Hasn't your mother told you to never sneak up on a lady... Especially if she is an assassin."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 am

The cloak dropped, and Erich spun away from Katerrina's blade- and knee. The First mate held a cutlass up, parrying the blade before resting his revolver's muzzle against the Retainer's head. A crack of lightning lanced through the sky outside the hut then, highlighting the anger within the First Mate's eyes.

"Halt, Katerrina. Stay your weapons, Erich. What the hell do you think you're doing, you're supposed to stay with the ship! Why did you follow us?"

Serephene's tone was sharp and condescending, her orders crisp. Spinning, she maneuvered her glaive against the dark skin of her friend's throat, the tip collecting the droplet of blood from her retainer's blade.

"Milady.."

Dropping his weapons, Erich easily pushed aside the glaive before pulling Serephene against him in an embrace. Awkwardly, Serephene stood there- unsure as how to respond.
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:21 am

Katerrina offered the love stricken boy a rather sinister laugh. That was the second time today that ye dared to point that fowl weapon at her. She would bite her lip with great forceobject before she would retract her blade raising it to her lips. She would then lick the blade as she tasted a very miniscule spec of blood that managed to find a place on the tip of her silver pointed object. Katerrina's eyes remained the same dark red color they had always been as glared Erich down with murderous intent, "You have been marked..."

Katerrina had taken note of Serephene's attempt at stopping her ritual but even a miniscule amount of blood was enought to fuel her killing intent. This  ritual had been the assassin's long time hobby. She would purposefully attack her target in a attempt to draw blood but never to kill. Ingesting would allow her to subconsciously mark the target for eventual assassination. Katerrina had known doing so would make Serephene extremely unhappy but every fiber of her body was calling out to end this mans life. Returning her blade to it's resting spot once again, Katerrina would decide to wait for the day where she would be able to end his life without any repercussions.

Removing the cloak from her head she would stare at her Lord with the blood red eyes that didn't seem to fade this time. Upon marking a target her eyes would never return to it's neutral color unless her mission had been finished or she chose to diminish it on her own, this odd occurrence was known as Assassin Eyes.

"Lord, Serephene I must temporarily step outside...  Whenever the merchant returns with the equipment we have asked for I will return for payment."

Rage could been seen plastered on the dark Cae's face but she would somehow managed to keep it together in from of her Lord, a breath of fresh air would do her good and keep her calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Anger flashed through Serephene, the spark of light crackling through the air ominously. Her eyes locked with Katerrina, a challenge within their golden depths. Though Erich was speaking, Sere couldn't take her eyes off of the opposing Cae.

"That would be for the best, Katerrina."

Turning her attention to Erich finally, his face seemed inquisitive. Drawing a blank, it took a moment for Sere's brain to catch up with her words, which is when she realized Erich was asking to travel with her. Surprise, guilt, anger, and annoyance flashed through her one after another. Surprise that Erich would actually follow her, leaving behind the only life he'd known. Guilt, of course, because she wanted him with her- he had been faithful to her for so many years... Anger, then, because he was supposed to be in charge of HER ship. He was the only one who'd know exactly what she wanted from her crew. Then annoyance when she recalled what Katerrina had chosen- even though her retainer hadn't been by her side for three years. Even though Serephene had let her once close friend choose whether she would or wouldn't come to sea with her, the light Cae couldn't help but be bitter about the assassin's choice.

"Erich. Who's in charge of the ship? How will you afford travelling with us? Besides all that, you're fragile. How do you expect to be able to defend us away from your element?"

Stepping out of Erich's embrace, Sere awkwardly held herself. Though her voice was combined with that of many while she was in her armor, she felt as though Erich could always pick out hers over the others. She couldn't lie to him even if she wanted to, he always knew the truth.

"Issac. He's got the best seat and knows you almost as well, Sere. I've got my father's fortune. I'm not as fragile as you think, anyway.. But that'll come up later. Who said anything about me being out of my element? I told you I was familiar with water, not that it was the only element given to me."

Bemused, Erich smirked at the Cae.

"Besides, I think you know I'm more than dangerous with other things."

Blushing, Serephene began to speak- until the Shopkeeper cleared her throat. In front of her were three packs, along with a Katar and a Kukri. Blowing more smoke from her pipe, she offered a warm smile to Erich when she saw him. Grinning back, he held out his hand to the older woman, kissing her hand when she offered it to him.

"Ahh.. Erich Mendez... It's good to see you again, it's been too long since I've seen your handsome face. What's it been, thirty years? Ahh... As lovely and gentlemanly as ever, though I must ask why you pretend to be lame."

Erich's face twitched for just a moment, enough for Serephene to narrow her eyes in suspicion. Keeping his wits about him, he merely shrugged, offering the elder a warm smile of astonishingly white teeth.

"One must follow through with whatever happens to them. Even if it was an injury of ignorance. And I'm afraid you might have me confused for my father, I'm often told I look like him."

As though some unspoken communication went between the two, she laughed it off. "I apologize young man, my years blend together too often. I hope you take good care of this young lady."
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Katerrina would pace around frivolously as she wanted for the two to finish their conversation. Holding back a large amount of anger she would focus on simple breathing exercises meant to calm one down. Oddly enough Katerrina was not mad aatthe events that have transpired but the mere fact that she would allow it to happen. If Katerrina had joined the voyage along side her Lord any of this probably would not have happened. But still it was necessary for her to remain on the land. She would not have been able to thrive and grow as much as she had when she was to be surely stuck at long periods of time at sea with people she would not be able to...experiment on.

Taking a moment to reflect on her actions Katerrina sensing abilities had honed I'm on another aura in the room with the two...Lovebirds? The dark Cae's mind would wander directly to the weaponry she had requested. Where their any daggers or swords like items? Just the mere thought was enough to send her into a quick sprint towards the merchant with a joyous look plaster on her face as she ran past the shipmate and her Lord her eyes still remaining the dark and sinister red, "DAGGERS! ARE THERE ANY DAGGERS."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Serephene's retainer had a moment of... Flippant, emotion. The shop was quiet for a moment, everyone staring in awkward shock at the dark Cae. As though they didn't exist, she continued to stare at the merchant fervently.

"I've placed a Katar and Kukri within the packs requested. I'm afraid this is the only exotic weaponry I have currently, as a young traveler chose to buy out my current stock. I apologize, but will give you the information that we have a shipment seabound for next week, if you decide to visit once more."

Turning away, the woman looked at the rare gems given to her by Serephne.

"These are big enough to where only two would do the bill. Which one do you want back? They're all of equal value in my eyes."

Everyone turned to Katerrina once more, awaiting her answer. Before She could, however, Erich dropped a small bag onto the counter. Removing the string, the bag was revealed to be filled with pearls and diamonds- earned from his sea travels.

"Madam, I must ask a private question for you once my comrades leave. I only pay for this now to assure you not only that we weren't here, but also that you take the time to listen to me. Serephene, I hope that you'd be willing to give me a few minutes with this young lady for a private discussion. Also, Katerrina, I would hope that you take back your gems so that I may pay for this trip."
Back to top Go down
Hibari Netsu
Awaiting

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 am

Katerrina's blood red eyes would glisten at the sight of her weapons. She would be wary of the decision of allowing Erich to pay for her equipment. The dark Cae just moments ago had marked the shipmate for her death ritual and if he had known this she was sure he would not offer this apologetic bribe. Inspite of this, Katerrina would decide just this once to push her intent to kill to the side only because of her obsession over daggers. Diminishing her blood ritual, the dark Cae's eyes return to their normal chilling blue.

"Erich I highly appreciate this gesture and I will take you up on your offer, in exchange I will take away my assassin's mar- I mean uhh any rude behavior I have shown you." Glancing over to her Lord before retrieving her items, Katerrina had already known the light Cae's reaction. To avoid any unfavourable situation, the dark Cae would attempt to lighten the tense situation with a joke. "Well they do say daggers are a girls best friend. Coughing momentarily she would continue, "Screw Diamonds.

Katerrina would offer everyone in the room a bow before leaving a second time with her equipment. Outside she immediately began to reflect on her emotions with Erich... Maybe he wasn't as bad as she made him out to be. As long as he didn't point that filthy weapon at her she had thought maybe they could get along...Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Taking the goods, Erich left for the sadle- meaning that Serephene was alone with the Merchant. The Paradigm's smile didn't leave, but it seemed more.. predatory, than it had before. A chill went down Sere's spine, and she chose that moment to follow Erich- her armor betraying her steps.

Outside, Serephene looked up at the moon. It was full, the light it offered gentle on the scenery around her. Three ships were docked alongside hers, but they weren't as grand. None other than the Aelisse was armed past their broadside. The river shone like molten argent in the white light, mesmerizing Sere for a moment, before she followed Erich to the stable.

He had set the three horses he bought up with their saddles, packs tied onto their back securely. His stallion was a palomino, the chestnut spots looking black in the lighting. Beside him were two mares, one a pale gold and the other a deep gray. Smiling, he hopped onto his with an agile leap- unusual for someone with a peg for a leg. Waving Sere to the pale horse, he smirked openly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seafarer's Ignorance.   

Back to top Go down

Seafarer's Ignorance.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order of the Velvet Blade :: Sanc Kingdom :: Maelyss River-
Jump to: