Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

» REPORTHEOSCLEROSIMILIA
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Please Don't Break Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Please Don't Break Me   Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Oura had woken up this night feeling blank. Her emotions for the past eight days had been a total mess, ranging from hope to despair, from guilt to denial, and oddly enough, joy to bargaining and all the way back to hope. The daily cycle was tiring. The lives of the people she loved, the Vampire race in its entirety, rest within the hands of a young, homeless Vampire boy and a young (who she now knows after treating) Vampire girl, neither of whom she had ever even heard of. Despite the rumours that ring true of Xixas Averall and despite the impending war against the greatest nation in Bright Ire, which out numbers and overpowers them comically so, not once did Oura give into the feelings of potential failure that seemed to hook into her skin and drag her to the floor at each step. No, she would stand. She would be there today to hear in person that she had succeeded and that Concuclare would be there there in the Vasure plains as an ally to the Covens, and to the world with the legendary Sicarian leading them all to victory.

She knew in her heart that this would be true. It had to be.

Now, Oura sat in the council, awaiting the report of the Vampire duo who hold the fate of the world in their hands. But still, after everything, Oura felt so empty. Was this a good sign? That she could finally erase the pain in her heart? She prayed so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information: Owner of Cedric/Erynn/Serephene.

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:56 am

San's eyes took in his surroundings, despite the itching feeling he got from being watched. Several lanterns seemingly floated, the Solun crystals giving off the charged daylight as though they themselves were tiny suns. His hands in his trenchcoat's pockets, the Paradigm let out a course sigh. He hadn't been in the Vampire's realm, out of choice. That he was here now was testament to the desperation that the once proud race had.

"Azumai, Sumaru. What is it that you plan on doing, now that you're here?"

Looking upwards, he traced the tower's figure and engraved it into his minds' eye. It was strange, in how it seemed to merely be a conglomeration of cultures and rooms. Though the city was nigh empty, he could feel the spirits of those who once resided here. Azumai had explained to him long ago, that the Northern Coven was the only one that retained it's grandeur after Bright Ire had been taken over from the three nations. The light that was offered to the Vampire's home was collected from the Sun, Moon, and stars over the course of their lifetimes.

Casting his gaze to Azumai, San awaited his Imprinted's answer.

Feeling the weight of San's gaze on her, Azu sighed. She was honestly hoping to avoid dealing with the council, or anything like them. But... She owed Oura for saving her. If there was even a chance of saving her life, the Vampiress had to take it.

"Honestly... I've no idea. We failed her, and were unable to guarantee Concuclare's backing with the Vampires for the war that they're causing. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, considering the state of the once-great kingdom.."

Shrugging, Azumai sighed. She was able to see thanks to the lanterns that cast several shadows, but she still had to guess at emotions from those around her- and Sumaru hadn't spoken in a while. It was beyond her to guess his emotion, but...

"Concuclare had no one to fight for them. The kingdom was dead. Xixas is missing, thanks to that strange man..."

Though she continued to drill this into her brain, she couldn't help but feel bitter about the half-truth. Yes, Concuclare had no one that would fight with them, but Xixas was alive. Until they visited him, that is... And where was Brielle? Then, there was that strange titan who had insisted on taking the Sicarian's body...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://o-v-b.forumotion.com
Scarecrow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Sumaru ignored whatever it was San had said. He walked at the same pace as Azumai but walked with no emotion and a blank stare. Once his feelings of anger had passed after what had happened he was filled with emptiness. He continued to talk and wondered what would become of Oura. He didn't want her to be killed but Sumaru needed to figure out a way to help her. Whenever he did try to think his thoughts were clouded and like before he was just left with emptiness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Little did the three bambini know...
They were being tracked by the most rudimentary of butterflies.

Hey, hey! Ciacho! It really is them! It's like they've been purposefully trying to stagger my muse! Knock over my lament! Jab at my mourning! Take a bath in the morning!
Heh. Playing snide-and-sneak no more, now. These two shall be my gateway! My path to grandiosità, sì!
And then I'll be like "Remember me?"
And then they'll be like "Santo Galileo! It really is him!"
It'll be such a tear-warming, heart-jerking reunion, verìssimo!

-------

The atmosphere had little to distract him. It was all dirt from the same waste-ball. The fact they were inside a mountain was... New. But it barely mattered. Even the clouds weren't spared. The tower him and the trio were facing was imposing, but that's natural for any construction that boasts its size and flaunts about it.
The jester, stepping-yet-stopping three feet behind our primitive trio, opened game with a joyous, almost-loud voice tone.
His arms and wings opened up in unison, as if staging a welcoming gesture. No other approach fit better.
He made sure to keep his distance. They all looked pretty sharp-bladed.

-------

Bambini! It really is you! In the flesh, bones, organs, ears, and bones! It's me, y'compagno Marcella Gallileo! Remember me? Ehehe!
It really is me, though. Heh!
Hey, hey! Y'all look grimmer than a duo of vampires with a demon laid on their backpack! Darkier than the sewers of l'mia casa and murkier than a dog-eat-dog-eat-lion type of scenario! Andato a male, it is!

You all look as if someone had just frilled a puffer! As if someone had opened a bat-box! As if someone had found joy in jogging for a living!
Can I help? Maybe I can help, yeah? What rock's been resting on your shoe, eh? What type of bud-eating vermin is pestering your crops?

What sort of tragedy do you face, magni ragazzi?

-------

Knack-talk finished, he starts curling his hair pompously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Sumaru continued to walk with a blank stare ignoring the person. His annoying face stuck into the back of his head so he lazily aimed a hand towards the stranger. His aim was not steady and he lazily shot shadows out of his hand at the stranger. His attack hit no where near the stranger but he continued to walk with the same blank look in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Azumai flippantly moved her hand, changing Sumaru's 'attack' (If that's what you really want to call it) into falling silhouettes of cherry blossom petals. Looking at her comrade out of the corner of her eye, she felt her lips tug down into a slight frown.

"I beg pardon, sir... But.. Who are you again? If I know you I apologize, I've lost a lot of my nights to the bottle. Not many memories carry though to the morning. Beside that, who said anything about tragedy?"

It was a lame question to fall onto, as she knew that the trio's appearance was... lacking, in anything but sorrow.

"We're just trying to get into the Council's building, an attempt to visit a friend."

San let the half truth out, only because the clown disturbed him. Though he couldn't put his finger on it, something about the jester disturbed San severely..
Back to top Go down
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Slightly startled by the blast, Luteccio dropped both of his hands to his waist. Realizing half-way the attack wouldn't hit him, he stood like a pillar on the ground.
As if by the most florid of romance-inspired hexes, the gloom-bomb turned into flower petals. That... Was a nice magic trick, yes!

-------

They... Don't remember me?!
Per favore, per Farore! It's as if He, Ll, and El never liked me! Not even as children, no! Boemia, boemia!
Nay, it's cool. These jokers didn't even know me in the first place! Heh. I bet I got them real good.

-------

Heh. More like. More like you guys didn't even know me in the first place!
Heh. I bet I got you all real good there. E lo ce se dice, eh? Ahaha!

But, but! Pero! Council's building, sì! That's exactly where I was going! What a coincidence! The brightest of miracles! The shining-iest of travesties! The lowest of the low's feet gunk! The screaming desire to frolic where frolic is due! Vero, sì? Hehe!
If a jester was truly a jester, he'd know where tragedy lies! He'd know where the demons lie! He'd know how to cut their antennae in three- no, four pieces! And he'd know how to glue them back!

Capire, ragazzi? I'm not here to stir madness in the very apogee of Carnavale's chaotic mixture of senses beyond the six we've come to know.
I'm here to add more senses into the mix! Make it a grandiose, fortissimo spectacle! The meanest, leanest of murderers, his mangled body exposed at the plaza for all to behold! But in the end, he was never hurt to begin with!

That should justify my presence here, eh? Ahaha!

-------

Our bambino retracts his wings a little, as they couldn't get in the way of his necessarily excessive hand gestures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Azumai let a sigh escape her. Slightly annoyed by their.. guest, Azumai could feel the beginnings of a headache behind her eyes. Before she could comment to the stranger, however, two guards opened the doors before them. Their stoic faces betraying nothing.

Nervously, she stepped forward- nodding at them each in turn.

San was close behind her, eyeing the guardsmen darkly. Though neither gave away their intents, he could see the weapons beneath their uniforms easily. Is this really how they greet us? We might have news of their potential salvation... Unease weighed heavily in the Paradigm's stomach, as he stood taller behind Azumai. Intimidation might help him here, if only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

"Little girl, it has been several weeks. Since when are these champions of our race going to arrive? You are wasting the Coven's valuable time. Every second is a second closer to war". It was Coulcilman Kua who had spoken. To be frank, Kua was somebody she couldn't tell was a man or woman due to how old they looked. Still.

"Don't call me little girl, old man". Not that she minded. Her appearance, she understood, was that of a little girl's. "They will.. Be here". I know it.

--

Two hours passed. Every second of it had Oura in agony, buffeted only by the empty feeling in the pit of her chest. Her fingers tapped methodically on the polished wood table which had earned more than a few burning glares from her older brother. What if they got lost? Surely not as both of them are Vampires. The Covens are common knowledge.. I hope they're alright. ..Maybe I should go l-

The doors to the council chamber opened on their creaky iron joints and not two, but three figures entered. Two of them were Sumaru and Azumai, neither of them appearing to be in a hurry. Oura stood and held herself up with her hands on the table.

"It seems our messengers have finally arrived" her brother, Councilhead Keyn announced. "Welcome to the Northern Coven. Please, let us not dally with niceties. This is not the time, I pray you'll forgive me. What news do you bring?".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Sumaru stared blankly at the councilmen. His weak gaze traveled across the room until he locked eyes on Oura. He felt terrible. He let her down. But maybe there was a way to make things right again. "You people attempted to bring back a once great hero. But not even I could accomplish that. He was so broken that the real him didn't even come out even when an attempt was made on his life. Now he's dead. By my hands."

Sumaru looked up and looked around the room. "Now this was a stupid idea anyway. Concuclare had no army. All you would have gotten were Xixas. And not even he can help because of his broken state. Just because Concuclare was a great kingdom once. Doesn't mean it's like that anymore. Now if any of you have a problem with this and try to take it out on Oura. I will take my anger out on you all. And do you really plan to fight against the man who killed Xixas and go up against the Fourth King? I think not. Now I am offering my services in this war but if you lay a hand on Oura for my failure you will all feel my pain."

Sumaru calmed down after his speech and his eyes went blank once more and his body went stiff. He leaned against Azumai for some sort of balance and waited for answers from the council.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Everything had gone quiet for Oura. She couldn't hear what he was saying. "Wh-.. What are you..".

"Now he's dead".

It went through her mind again.

"Now he's dead".

"I don't know-- what you're saying". Her voice felt so small, she felt so absent.

She could see his mouth moving as he continued to speak, his eyes glazed over her once as she could read her name on his lips. What was he saying? It was quiet. She couldn't hear anything. What did he say?

"Now he's dead".

"By my hand".

Oura's body began to shiver. Was she cold? She was so cold. She could not see. Her vision blurring, her mind racing. Her eyes, something was wrong with her ey-.. tears? But.. Why.. What is happening..?

What did he say?

"Now he's dead. By my hand".

"What?"

Oura blinked the tears from her eyes, looking so little, so young, so lost.

"What?"

--

Councilhead Keyn did not move. The Councilmen and Counilwomen did not speak. It was over. There was no longer a point in being here.

Councilhead Keyn looked at the messengers, his eyes looking old. "Go... Just... Leave us".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Narrowing her eyes, Azumai held her left arm on Sumaru's shoulder- taking his weight to ease the burden on his body. He hadn't slept, or eaten since they had began their journey to the Council's Mountain. Her right hand went immediately to her pocket, only her thumb resting outside the clothing. If she needed to, she would resort to her gunman's draw to her pistol in this stance.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Council. I have a debt to that young woman right there, and believe it or not I'm a man of my word."

Tilting her head to the right slightly, she kept a stoic face.

"And I'm not leaving until Oura is guaranteed safety. We set out to recruit the Concuclare army by risking our lives to speak to Xixas. We were attacked by following your demands. The only way for Oura to have a chance with Xixas was if Sumaru was the one to go through with it. And we found out why really quick, too."

Narrowing her gaze, she leveled her head once more.

"I'm more or less dumbfounded that you would chance losing a soldier. Your numbers are- what -40,000? That's less than a fourth of what Regnum has. I understand that you were hanging your hopes on this grandeur dream of Concuclare's army, but there wasn't one to begin with. There hasn't been one for thirty years."

Shaking her head, she closed her eyes.

"Milord's words are true, though crass. I apologize, Council, for any offense you may have taken from Azu's words. However, I must stress the valid point she brought up."

San's deep voice rang throughout the chamber, calmly steady in tone. Eyes of those who were less attentive before were suddenly drawn in by his mesmerizing baritone, listening to the words that had fallen upon deaf ears before.

"Xixas' army was nonexistent. It was disbanded and thrown out of his kingdom ten decades ago, out of a fit of what one could only assume to be madness. We caught him without his retainer, and confirmed that he had lost his sanity. Mocking his old retainer, Xixas drew out the emotional scarring lost deep within Sumaru's being to pour salt upon the wound and aggravate him into attacking. However, Xixas didn't truly fight back. Then there's the matter of his body missing- taken away by a mountain of a being.."

Shaking his head, San held his arms behind him- looking to Councilhead Keyn.

"It would be wise if you sought out another way. But I assure you, killing your own kind now is tantamount suicide."
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 pm

None of the words the visitors spoke found their way to the ears of the council. It was clear that by this point, nothing would. The blank, soulless faces that surrounded each table spoke only to the air closest to them, whispers of grief and pondering.

Councilhead Keyn gave them a look of disbelief. His eyes narrows and he grimaced as Azumai tilted their head. It was of instinctual habit that he hadn't even meant to do. It was just so foolish and ignorant, as if being forced to deal with a child. However, his fave betrayed no emotion spare stoic solemn.

"As head council of the four Covens and the conglomerate, I ask that you three leave the Northern Coven posthaste. If you refuse to oblige, you will be removed. If you resist further, you will have deemed yourselves traitors to the Coven and will be executed. If you are so arrogant, please test yourselves".

The councilhead stood from his seat and turned his back to them as he began to exit. "They say an animal cornered is at its most vicious. Please, give me a reason to show you what that means. I am only asking you to leave. Your attempts at lectures do you poorly. You are not as wise as you believe yourself, child". As Councilhead Keyn opened the corridor to exit, he paused. "And do not insult me. It was Oura's mission and our responsibility. Punishing her for her actions we asked of her is blatant idiocy. Whatever gave you the impression she would be harmed must be some severely twisted point of view. Plus, she is my younger sister. I would not let anything happen to her. If nothing else, believe me on that".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Admin

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Azumai's eyes narrowed, as she listened to the Councilman step away. Sumaru kept insinuating her life was in danger.. Is it? She never confirmed it herself. Other than the danger of Regnum... Mentally shaking off the weight of his words, Azumai came to a new thought. Something was off here. He must be speaking on experience, from what he had said. The look in his eyes was too real.

Although..

Azumai had been around more than a few liars. She knew that San was waiting on her actions, as he stood with his legs apart and his hands behind his back- his tell of nervousness. He always hated indoors, but the blatant threat from Keyn had put him on edge. Turning her head slightly to Sumaru, Azu awaited her comrade's decision.
Back to top Go down
Octo
Awaiting

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:20 pm

The girl's tears were evidence.
The man's words were proof.
Yeah. The lines were being traced between the stars - the constellations, finally visible.
The willing lack of uproar by Luteccio's part was wise, as it let him crack down some numbers on his not-so-lucid mental sheet of so-daring sudoku.

It seemed as if what were to happen next - to the whole group - was to be determined by shadow-meadow. Perhaps the blood-lad wouldn't be a complete-blown jester. Maybe some tiny lumps of good sense still were to awaken for situations such as this one.
Yet. Letting De-emo make the call and call the shots wouldn't be a good risk to take. Playing flake would be bleak.

Magical intervention! Luteccio's words! He had to lay down something - something that would lax the worst of monsters! And make them enter into agreement with the trolls to share what was left of the children! Something to burden the fightiest of fighting spirits! Something to polarize the very concept of non-neutrality!

He let his hands rest on his waist. "Gotta practice what you preach, bambino!", as they say.

-------

Man. Or uome, sì! Maybe we should take it easy. Y'all catching my stilo? Eh?
I dunno, all y'all. I think we should get t'Inferno outta here, y'know? Just a hunch - trouble might be cornering around the brew, y'know? Sto dicendo, eh?

We are to frolic - but not now, sì? Perhaps once we leave this bow-hole we'll find the time, sì? Hehe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:25 am

Sumaru raised his hand generating shadows into it. He prepared to fire off a blast when a voice entered his head. His shadows immediately dispersed. He turned around "We will take our leave for now. But who knows. Maybe you'll still see us on the battlefield." A smirk appeared on his face as he began to walk away. The empty look reappeared on his face as his smirk faded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:34 am

-----

Topic End

From here, the topic ends for the Coven Conglomerate meeting. Sumaru, Azumai, and Luteccio take their leave and the Covens prepare for war.

Approximately one month passes. Fourty two days since this topic ended.

----

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Don't Break Me   

Back to top Go down

Please Don't Break Me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1