Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

» REPORTHEOSCLEROSIMILIA
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

A letter in a bottle.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: A letter in a bottle.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm

I want to start off by making something clear to all of you. Despite any preconceived dispositions, or aside from any undeniable samples of proof, and ignoring the fact the opposition makes a much stronger case, absolutely none of this is your fault.

Is that clear enough? I hope so; hoping my preface makes enough of a point so that we can continue without any hindrance of somebody's moral compass. I'm not exactly good with words, so I hope you'll all pay attention to me long enough to get my point across.

Okay, then. Here we go..

Are you worried yet?

If so, I really didn't do that good of a job in the beginning of this letter. If nothing else, I'm sorry about that. But, I hope at least some of you can understand where I'm coming from. It's been far too long since we've spoken like this. Here. In this place. I'm sorry about that too.

But, I'd be lying if I said that. But, it really has been too long..

I'm working up the nerve to exhibit the point of this letter as I write it. The fluttering I feel within is a miasma of hope and a lackthereof, but coupled with the fact there's nothing I can do about things right now.

But, the longer I try to hold hands with you guys, the longer this will take.. So..

Everything is going to escape from you. Absolutely everything-- no exceptions. Your friends, and your family. Here, this place, too. Your own home. It's going to be taken, and I promise there's nothing you can do about it. It's not your fault.

Do me a favor. Look outside, if you can look outside. What do you see right now? The sky, blue and dry. A collective bedding of cotton-poofy clouds. Perhaps it's raining. Or, maybe you just see a tree. Or, a wall. It doesn't matter what you're looking at outside that window. Whatever you're looking at, engrave it into your mind. Burn it into the inner sanctum walls of your skull, and make sure you never forget. Because, whenever you look outside and see that, I want you to just remember that everything it all together, finally gone.

But, it's not your fault.

They say all life began from the ocean. Really, I believe that. It makes sense, in a twisted, spherical sort of way. If they say that everything returns from whence it came, it reinforces that point so much more. Look to the ocean, and it will probably make sense, if you let it. In its own twisted, spherical spiral, just completely depressing sort of way. It's happening here too. This place. It'll be like it never even existed in the first place. Isn't that sad? Or does it even matter at this point?

I hope you already know what I'm going to tell you now.

If you do, I hope that means you believe me.

It's not your fault. It's not anybody's fault. I promise.

If I get to see you all at least one more time before it's over, I think I would like that very much. But, I lack the right to hope for such an outcome. At most, it's generous.

It was fun while it lasted, I suppose. Things took a turn for the worse, but I don't think that's anything to be sad about. If I ever see you guys again, I'll make it worth while.

Look to the seas. You'll see it getting close.

Thanks for listening.

Love,
'Oura K.

A letter in a bottle.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1