Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Latest topics
» Reflective Surface
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyToday at 3:00 pm by Flynn

» Rejuvenation and Restoration
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 7:52 am by Zechs

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 am by Zechs

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 1:35 pm by Octo

» Lurylei - Dancing Pale Shadow
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 7:53 pm by Flynn

» Serendipity
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm by Exposition

» Urien Angelis
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm by Flynn

» Remembrance of Death's Fast
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 8:08 pm by Octo

» Hum of Thunder
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri May 31, 2019 12:42 pm by Exposition

» For Whom The Bells Chime
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:26 am by Exposition

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyWed May 22, 2019 10:48 pm by Mugetsu

» Seanna - Supremacy of Severance
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyTue May 21, 2019 1:33 am by Flynn

» Unseen Stains
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:23 am by Lunalacia

» Uriah Engraham
Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:45 pm by Zechs

Poll
Top posting users this month
Flynn
Scrambled Egging-Ons I_vote_lcapScrambled Egging-Ons I_voting_barScrambled Egging-Ons I_vote_rcap 
Exposition
Scrambled Egging-Ons I_vote_lcapScrambled Egging-Ons I_voting_barScrambled Egging-Ons I_vote_rcap 
Octo
Zechs
Lunalacia
dannnn
Top posting users this week
Zechs
Flynn
June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Scrambled Egging-Ons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Octo
Awaiting
Octo

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

Scrambled Egging-Ons Empty
PostSubject: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 6:18 pm

A drumming serenade!

Engage your gargle-gorgers!

A blasting escapade!

Realize who's dealing the real reels here, fellas!

They're... Setting up a blockade!

I hope y'all dun-dig the taste of fear, my compagnos! For here's the fearsomest fellow! The busiest blockbuster nightmare, ready to rev up your bland glands! Tall task for any but him, è vero!

Our favorite bambino drums his pair of twilight-colored, bell-clustered bongos as intense as the dramatic impact of hip-hopping tree frogs! His enthusiasm unanimously enthralls and bewitches bywatchers! Well, at least those could not be bothered to climb over or circumvent the three-meter-tall jesterman's tent he set up to cover most of the narrow road.

The narrative winds up! Taking a short pause to twirl his hair, the lit lad cracks a final solo, skip-dancing to the rhythm of all incoming projectiles from his barbaric audience! And once his banging's settled, he points his finger to the air! A figure to leg the lethargic, he is!

Alright, alright! Porca miseria, and may the kids and kits forgive me for saying that!

My auditors, glue your eardrums to my wordhorn! I may be a jesterlad, but a liar lies low not here! The act that I palm-busted so arduously to hype up for is almost here! Carambolinno!

Well, amici? Are your crawlies creeped? We shall soon welcome the darkest of the dank! The palest of the tale! The loon beyond the sun and moon! Hope y'all are ready for a spectacular con-backed comeback!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Live.

"For what?" he inquired. A young man toured along the side of the road, cemented on his decision to slip past a gagman's tabernacle that so lovingly barred his carriage's passage. He stepped up to the second row of apprehensive participants, careening his neck to peer towards the side-of-the-road show nestled in the middle of the highway. He didn't mind, in all honesty. Although, the young farmer didn't seem to let himself mind much of anything these days.

With an unintentional confidence, Flynn Argall of the trowel, and trade, and most recently-- the sword, allowed himself the gall to speak into the air that was previously reserved for only the colorful, the disastrous, and the vague.

"You have a really nice hat, but you need to make way for the horses, quickly, before my goods become rotten enough to become more your problem than mine."

Cedric
Admin
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Mentally thankful that he had chosen to ride out of Giat Perr atop his roan, Alleck, Goldwyn relied upon the horse to take him where he wished to go. He, of course, frequently had to stop for directions- but had never fallen prey to anything unfortunate since his journey to Coeura. The Sicarian attributed it to his trusty partner's temperament and comfort with being saddled for travel.

A gentle breeze brought his attention to the direction of... Two very vibrant beings. He was very aware of the threat contained in the latter speaker's voice, and chose to carefully make his way towards the commotion- curious as he was. Sure footed as always, Alleck came to stop before what seemed to be a tent.

"A comeback?"

The phrasing was what had him perplexed. Whomever was speaking was as straight as a snake. He couldn't help but sympathize with the more violent toned man, turning his attention to him.

"Pardon my intrusion, as I sincerely hope for no problems, but may I have an answer to my question before you do decide to solve the roadblock?"

Erynn sketch:

Goldwyn Art/sketches:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting
Octo

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 pm

So many crass crows in this crowd! Despite the soothing, ovoid-rose sky seen during the only relevant minutes of the evenings, the audience isn't bit-bopping to our fellow bambino's heartfelt mini-felony! As the passionate pastor of this uncaterable cattle tinkers with his thoughts, he comes to epiphanous conclusions!

Inferno! Inferno, I say! I knew making the tent into a violent violet was the big no-nosed wrench in the plan! You can't even get your weavings as silly-smooth as this with a needle and cacti fingers! Parodia, is what this is!
Well, it's just as old Rocciella used to say, I guess. "Words will escape from the mouths you don't shut shut, aye aye?" Heh. Quite the goofer-trooper he is, that Rocciella fella.

Well, it's settled. Seats for everyone next time! Heh.

-----------------------

These ravenous ravens, referees of good taste and humor, gave our good amico a devil's chance in Heaven of a leeway to resume his ramblings! The bongos were now drowned in a polluted sea of merryless merchants and intolerant tourists rousing unarousing proposals!

M-My compagnos! Your vegetables shall go unvegetated by the vestige-chuggers! Just give those squishy crystal orbs some time for repose, and make sure your brains are frolicking off their folds! A marvelous revelation is lurking!

Our heroic jokesman is in perilous danger!
Yet, despite this paradigm, he knew better than the heads and arms bobbing for action that the Primo Atto would come soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Awaiting
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 2:55 pm

"Now now, that would be quite rude wouldn't it?" The voice came from out of no where and cut through mob's hysteria like a hot blade in butter. Out of thin air a figure shrouded in darkness began to appear from the shadow of the man who threatened his companion. He stepped around the man to stand face to face with him as the shadows began to dissipate revealing a tall Vampire with black somewhat long black hair. At the roots towards the base of his head white hair could be seen growing. His hard crimson red eyes stared at the fruit vendor trying to examine him. "You wouldn't want to upset the.. what is it they're calling me these days? Ahh yes.. The Blackhear.t"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 pm

The man before him stood tall and imposing with a cloak that wrapped around him in such a way it became indistinguishable from the shadows. Through years of living under the shadows of giants, Flynn could tell from a single glance that such a man could strike fear deep into the heart of any average sheep, maybe even a little girl.

The speech impediment-- or was it an accent?-- left the farmer boy's temper addled. He wasn't one for tricks or plays nor was he fond of being spoken down to. A strange, foreign man and his shadow-stepping body guard currently existed, to these people, as nothing more than a desk corner that threatened the world with a stubbed toe.

He took a step back to distance himself from the serendipitous and the ornery. "Honestly? I don't think anybody gives a shit about you."

Flynn hated that droplet of helplessness he felt when the robed man so crassly stepped out of his shadow as if he were a wagon. His own insecurities bolstered his confidence, tending to his mending ego.

Flynn careened his wrist in a stark motion, cracking the joints. A grasp at air; a ribbon of intent forming within his palm. The shape of a long, thin construct of reflective light gathered and congealed into a simplistic looking sword. "You and your little buddy are making a nuisance of yourselves by blocking this pathway-- and I think I speak for the masses when I say we have more important business to attend than placating your plea for attention like a drunken father begrudgingly at his daughter's first dance recital because Karen threatened a divorce."

This isn't a place for a sword. I need a wall.

"Please take your show to another road, preferably one more open where the pedestrians can digest you as easily as they can ignore you." Farmer Flynn dropped the sword from his grip and re-strung it within his fingers backhand, and stuck the tip into the soft soil. He placed both palms atop the pommel.

Knights are cool.

Cedric
Admin
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 6:29 am

Apparently, from the gasps, the entity that let his presence be known did something really cool, maybe even a bit scary to the normal person. And, according to the very upset tones of the man whom Goldwyn asked to stay his hand earlier, there was a show.

Raising his eyebrows, the Sicarian turned his head to each of the entities in turn- something absolutely odd for what someone would call a blind man. He noticed nothing, really, about them themselves. Their physical beings didn't matter to him. What mattered, though, was the flow of energy. Echoes of stronger magic touching against his senses, causing him to frown slightly.

"I find myself unimpressed with this as well. I've a journey to complete, and my curiosity has been extinguished. Normally I'd stay my hand in such matters," Goldwyn flexed his right hand, making sure he was armed if needed, "but you're irking me. If you would be so kind as to move, I'm sure it'd be appreciated."

Though I can't exactly get along with how rash this man is, I can more than agree with being annoyed by this clown's language. Thoughts and words should be straight and to the point, even when polite. Blackheart. Bah. Just give a name.

Erynn sketch:

Goldwyn Art/sketches:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Awaiting
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 2:50 am

How interesting. Sumaru started at the man who bared a relic of Xixas. He'd been searching for so long with no luck or even a clue as to where to begin and now here one of them just stumbles onto his lap. But of course Sumaru being Sumaru may have just ruined his one chance to obtain the item by peaceful means. No. There had to be another way. Making himself an outlaw in Coeura was not an option.. at least for the time being. Sumaru looked toward Luteccio and made a rotation with one of his fingers pointed towards the sky signaling him to "wrap it up." This probably wasn't the best way to go about showing himself off to the people of Coeura in hopes of recruitment. He was just being a nuisance to them. The old Sumaru would've instantly attacked at the site of disrespect but this was going to require just a bit of finesse and it would be a shame to go back to his old ways after so many died to push him to be the man he is now.

He dropped his hard demeanor and raised both hands smiling with his eyes closed. "Seems we all got off on the wrong foot here." He moved one of the hands to the back of his head to rub it while smiling and speaking as an attempt to come off apologetic. "How about I go somewhere else yeah?" He stared towards what he assumed was a blind man due to the piece of fine cloth that covered both of his eyes. This man also interested Sumaru. A blind man would dare threaten him? Now his would be one he'd have to learn. "I'm sure we're all  busy and have places to be.. but you see I would really appreciate a moment of your guys' time." He said this while staring at Flynn. He wanted that sword so bad but he couldn't show it at least not yet. "You see I'm Sumaru Amaya. My name is quite infamous depending where you go and I'm looking for the best and brightest to assist me along my journey. If you follow me and my companion to our traveling caravan we will provide nourishment and I'll even reimburse you both for the time you've spent with me, as long as you hear me out."

He awaited their answer but also held his left hand out ready to summon his personal sword Galatine. He may have been putting on a good guy act but if push came to shove and they refused to come with him he was by all means ready to engage to get what he wanted. Whatever it takes. He took time to imagine his blade appearing in hand and wondered what his first course of action would be if he had to summon it. The blade reminded him of the Young Lady. During his time with her she'd forced him to craft the blade from his own unstable shadows. It gave him more control, he felt it was a limiter of sorts. Just then a chill when down his spine. The training that he went through with the Young Lady.. let's just say he'll never forget it.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 2:15 pm

"You're rather full of yourself." Flynn postulated, although the tension in his shoulders visibly left like a breath. "I have never heard of you or your epithet. I don't know your companion either, but I don't think you actually believe that tossing your name around like it's a badge is any right way of sending the right message."

"Where I come from, we're farmers. We're botanists, and we're naturalists." His voice rung with a practiced tone, somewhat articulate and calm-- almost professional. To him, his stoicism sounded fake. Well, it almost was. Flynn was banking on the hope that these two men were indeed foreigners, allowing him to speak for the masses, so to speak, without sounding presumptuous or ignorant.

"The names of criminals, or, self-proclaimed criminals, mean nothing to me at the very least."

Cedric
Admin
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Beneath his saddle, Aleck shifted with unease. The roan was able to sense the emotion far better than Goldwyn, which caused the Sicarian to take a moment to think. What do we do?

"Loathe I am to say, I know your name." Leaning on his saddle, he tilted his head slightly. The angry farmer had him in circles. From what he'd heard of Amaya, the Vampire was a blood-thirsty bastard who'd kill at the first sign of disrespect. However, that wasn't the apparent case if this man was exactly who he said he was. "But you could just as easily be lying."

Sitting upright once more, Goldwyn rubbed his hand over the mechanism that hid his only defense from prying eyes. He thought about his own means of escape, and judged the issue accordingly. "How do we know this isn't an overly theatrical means of robbery? You could be highwaymen attempting to rob these folk with a stolen name."

I just want some coffee. It's far too late in my journey for me to be willing to deal with such bullshit.

Erynn sketch:

Goldwyn Art/sketches:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo
Awaiting
Octo

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 10:14 pm

Hell be, he'll be! Despite the apparition of his ghastly gangster-kin, the krill that our heroes tried retaining with this net didn't shift their mood by the slimmest!
To make matters worse, limbs are tapping into hilts like butterflies to flytraps! If physical chaos were to ensue, our main man would have no chance to strike back! A situation to be made better with company was only getting more treacherous!

--------

He'll be, Hell be! The crowd's murmuring more amore for these resident tough-ups than us starry-eyed dreamers. They're egging on a crack-down bout, I bet. And I'm a bastardly good gambler, è vero! Heh.

--------

If the boss says it's a wrap, then a wrap it is! The violet tent vanished in dreamy dust, revealing a dimming sky that swallowed streetlights into its foreboding, oceanic expanse.
As our stage widened from a tent to the firmament, crowd free to roam it all, our favored performer manifests a cape in colors akin to those of the nevermore cloths of the tent. Flaunting its sides aside to raise his hands, he slapped them together for a round of individualistic applause! A master of reading the audience, he is! No wonder colon-clowns envy him!

--------

My fellow street-lurkers! Grazie mile, milione grazie for being as lovely an audience as audibly noticeable, but I'm afraid the show shuts early todusk! We are no advocates of violence, non signore! So as to avoid voidless casualties, we'll be settling this issue with the good ol' one-two-no-you, eh? Heheh! Big money to us diplomats, I say! And I'll say it again! Big money to us diplomats! Heh!

But last, alas, last laugh for the lascivious! Ready? Here goes!

What name do you call your fellow ill lady-knocker, eh? This one's an old one, but a bold one, I'll spoil!

Well, my clustered friends! That, I'm not afraid, is what you call a cougher-up!

Heh! Never fails to sail for avail, that one! How far we go for us laughterfiends, eh? Heheh!

--------

A resounding farewell message to all those ecstatically whisperful roadies!
Resounding, in fact, to the point they're driven to uncontrollable laughter! What a riot! Joke standards are no no-joke anymore, it seems!

And with this brilliant wave of good laughter, the shows comes to a close! Now, the privileged few get rights to some backstage action!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarecrow
Awaiting
Scarecrow

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Sumaru let out a sigh as it was clear he was still getting no where with these people. He dropped his hard act and even stopped thinking of summoning his personal blade. He had one last idea that could perhaps peak the mans interest to follow him if not Sumaru didn't know if he was going to have too do something he didn't really want too.

He took a few steps back as to give the man space and he pointed to his sheathed sword. "That sword belonged to my mentor." He then pulled out a thin silver rod about 5 inches long and spun it in his hands. "This is another one of his weapons that I.. commandeered for the time being." A wave of guilt rushed over him and he thought about his former mentor. His thoughts became clouded with the good memories that they all had before the eventual fall. He didn't mean to kill him.. He looked up at the man and perhaps saw a way to make things right. "I could tell you about him. Maybe even teach you how to use that sword if you were to come with me."

He turned his eyes towards the blind fellow. "You too are welcome anyone who knows of me and speaks to me in such a way is.. a rather interesting person. I'd like to know more about you both and I hope I didn't come off in a vile way for my intentions are somewhat pure. But they do requite the both of you to come with me. I can explain more later but for now it's best if we kept moving.

The wave of laughter that Luteccio caused seemed to somewhat drown out whatever he was saying to anyone else but to the people right in front of him it would be clear. "You don't have to come with me though I'd like for you both to make the decision on your own. But for now we must take our exit. Come with us if you feel like it if not then I wish you all good fortune in the times to come. He turned around and flicked his dark cloak so that it may cover his head and and hide him from the world. "Luteccio let's go back to the caravan for now I'm sure Guldfaxe is wondering where we are now." And with that he turned away and began to walk with Luteccio away from the scene they had just caused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Admin
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 3:56 pm

His shoulders drooped, Flynn's body mirroring the slightly confused expression he now wore.

On a whim, he had already decided.

That was a complete one-eighty

He took a moment's reprieve before replying in the form of explicit contemplation. It's obvious this man was in fact lying to him. After all, this world is enormous. What are the absolute odds that his sword just happened to be a tether to this random stranger he found himself at odds with? A stolen possession, claimed ownership to somebody else, who then, somewhat condescendingly, offers to "teach" Flynn how to use it all while regaling him of tales of someone who may or may not even exist. None of it sounded believable. It sounded ridiculous, honestly.

As if all the inhibitions, responsibilities, and loyalties in his life slipped from his soul like hail, coming down and crashing; shattering away.

Destiny is a misguided, misunderstood concept. The farmer boy was keen to deny its hand in any part of his life, even now.

"Don't take this the wrong way man, but, that sounds like a crock." He lifted the blade from the soil, holding it in proper form yet leaving the tip to the floor to remove any hostile stances. He admired the weapon as he did it. It's simple, yet elegant. Silver and steel fit perfectly together like jewelry.

On a whim, a gardener boy lets go of his life. His towel and shovel, replaced by a sword and glistening ambitions.

"But."

The others can handle the farm without me, really.

"Maybe it's just the time or the strangeness of my mood-"

I never liked gardening that much anyways, I think. Surely there's something else. There has to be. For me.

There has to be.

"But, to hell with it. You're kind of baselessly arrogant and you don't seem too intelligent, but I'll walk with you for a bit. We can see if it's worth following you after we talk later. I mean, after I deliver these things in my cart, that is."

No sense, no logic, only a single instance of life where nothing mattered and everything was decided.

"I'll meet you guys outside the city in a couple hours, but I really need to go. I'll see you if I see you."

Cedric
Admin
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Somewhat pure intentions. He just admitted not everything he's going to do, should I come along, will have purity in mind. What does that mean for me? If I just leave, there's a chance of him flat out murdering me. Then again, that man just chose to join him... Standing aside does me nothing.

Beneath him, Aleck flicked his ears. Lifting his jaw, he looked in the direction he saw the darkness. "Very well. I'll return after garnering my own supplies, and will meet you outside the city as well"

This is stupid. All of this is an idiotic choice that's going to condemn me to my death. But... At the same time... I'm morbidly intrigued with how this will all go out.

Rather than standing there, Goldwyn pulled his roan around, aiming for the city. Rather than wishing to take back his words, he set his intent on finding out the truth- one way or another. His weapon, the man called Sumaru, and that fucking clown too. They'd all have light cast over them eventually, and he wanted to be there to witness it all.

If he lived through it, at least.

Erynn sketch:

Goldwyn Art/sketches:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Egging-Ons   Scrambled Egging-Ons Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrambled Egging-Ons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum