Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Latest topics
» Rejuvenation and Restoration
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 5:32 pm by Cedric

» Reflective Surface
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 12:16 pm by Lunalacia

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm by Exposition

» Serendipity
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 pm by Lunalacia

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 am by Zechs

» Lurylei - Dancing Pale Shadow
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 7:53 pm by Flynn

» Urien Angelis
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm by Flynn

» Remembrance of Death's Fast
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 8:08 pm by Octo

» Hum of Thunder
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyFri May 31, 2019 12:42 pm by Exposition

» For Whom The Bells Chime
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:26 am by Exposition

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyWed May 22, 2019 10:48 pm by Mugetsu

» Seanna - Supremacy of Severance
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 1:33 am by Flynn

» Unseen Stains
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:23 am by Lunalacia

» Uriah Engraham
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:45 pm by Zechs

Poll
Top posting users this month
Cedric
Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  I_vote_lcapVelvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  I_voting_barVelvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  I_vote_rcap 
Top posting users this week
August 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Admin
Flynn

Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours    Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:27 pm

The wind caressed her skin like a twine of steel wool on raw meat. Her body looked ragged and torn with ribbons of flesh and streamers of blood decorating her body. The doll’s arms and legs were tied to a post as she weathered the black mist, long since given up on flailing about as she had so fervently hours before. As time passed, so did the spirit of a once-proud little doll.

The kinghand’s lips lifted into a smile that looked smeared across her face like an unwelcome stain.

She hated the doll.

She hated anyone, anything, any eyes who looked at her and wasn’t afraid of what they saw in her. People with thin scars who acted like they were deep, and people who had the gall to retain their ignorance-- feigned or bred.

That doll.

She was so preen; so polished.

So utterly

Wholly

Thoroughly

Completely

Entirely

and

Absolutely worthy of what she got.

The kinghand had considered talking to the doll every now and then. To instruct her; inform her of her place and the proper etiquette one must understand in her position. “You shriveled worm, dangling out there like a fucking stuck pig. That’s what you are. Sickening.” she wanted to say. Muddy snake. Pompous shrew. The kinghand knew, however, that the doll couldn’t reply. Well, maybe she could try. Not that it would matter. Her lips were sealed by now.

“Kinghand.” A voice grabbed her attention as solidly as if she were yanked by a rope. The kinghead, blessed be him, gave her a look from the doorway where he stood dressed in heavy robes. If his skin were flesh, it would be rippled with muscles. If his eyes were organic, his glance would be murderous. If he were a human, maybe the kinghand would have stuck him with the doll.

She dipped her head reverently, as if staring directly at the floor. He continued. “What is the count by now? All of them.” His statuesque body held itself unnaturally. It was unnerving at first to see a man without any fleshy scars, with skin so stone-like and swirled and sparkly. The kinghand responded in the same breath as the kinghead finished speaking. “All of us except for a hand’s full. None of ours, thankfully.” she informed, pausing for a moment's glance at the stone man's countenance, then quickly resuming her report in the strange manner of speaking he demanded of her. “Our counters stand at enough, three, and.. one, the blue one”.

The kinghand’s words sounded vague and unintelligable, but the kinghead nodded reflectively. “Three and the blue one?” he wasn’t asking her. He rolled his tongue, making that harsh, scratchy grinding noise he liked to make. “We’ll leave the blue one. Three are one each, surely-” he continued, not asking for any affirmation. He liked to do that. “We’ll go to the south. We need not glory this day or the next.”

Finally, mercifully, the kinghead turned to the kinghand. She let go of a breath she had been accidentally holding, grateful he hadn’t forgotten her. “What is the name? Should we keep it?”

“Concuclare, kinghead. We shouldn’t, I think. No evidence should be worth keeping, but the storm kept our information limited. I shall conduct further--”

Kinghead grunted, twisting his wrist. It resounded like ice being crushed. “Not necessary. Really. Let’s go together so that we may take the first flag.”

Her heart and soul swelled. Together. Like never before... She wondered.

“Blue now heads to the most valued territory that lies on the ocean bed. Perhaps Creak and Wickerberry head east. Nothing else is important for now as long as our foundation is laid."

“Kinghead, should we not find Coeura? She has what we want.”

“Not Coeura. Not now, but we will soon. Come, kinghand. Let us make haste. We find the southern land as Blue finds the northeast. Only days remain.”

The kinghand beamed, the kinghead rumbled-- his strange laughter. Over the horizon, mountains peaked over the ocean’s edge.

Bright Ire, for all that it’s worth, would be taken.

Velvet Order Chapter 1 - No Blue So Deep As Ours
Page 1 of 1