Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires

+4
Cedric
Scarecrow
Exposition
Six
8 posters

Go down

(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires Empty (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires

Post by Six Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 pm

"I expected nothing and yet, I'm still disappointed" Vevi Admrak informed her partner, who gave her a tilt of his head in response. "I thought Mistrumr said this was the group of people who were known for their military prowess. Shouldn't they have had a naval force?"

Again, her words were met with a confused head tilt, though this one was slightly more despondent. They had sailed an entire civilization's worth of people up the shores and were met with only a handful of scouts. Vevi nodded. "Yeah, I really wanted to do something by now. That storm was actually rotten refuse." The woman leered her glimmering white irises towards the horizon. She could see the city they were in the middle of taking, only an hour's stroll away. Arvergne. She liked the name. It was similar to the word structure they used back home, which is why she chose this nation first. They had taken the city hostage in a quick few hours, the officers she relied on showcasing their competence in a way she appreciated.

Not a single life was lost, or taken. Her forces filled the streets, taking arms and quelling unrest. As of now, she was ready to snap her fingers and allow a massacre. But, there were always more ways of accomplishing a total conquering of a nation. Every life lost, every house destroyed, is a piece of her trophy lost. She wouldn't allow that unless strictly necessary.

"What do you think, Tiyn? Cut the lifelines or take the risk?" Vevi asked her partner again, and the enormous eagle flickered out its wing span-- a massive eighteen feet. He didn't seem too partial either way. She made a soft hum of affirmation, and dropped down from the hawk's nest, feeling lonely enough to take a look at Arvergne herself.

--

Hours ago, Arvergne was taken hostage by a large army from the sea lead by a woman named Vevi Admrak. She has yet to begin a full take over, but that will soon change. Nobody has been harmed as of yet, but several soldiers have been imprisoned when they made a show of opposition. [/color]
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

(Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires Empty Re: (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires

Post by Exposition Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:05 am

Six hours pass and the lack of a response from the capital city has left Arvergne in the hands of Vevi Admrak's forces. One of the grand generals of Sanc's mercenary army, Gareth Wynfeldt, arrived in the occupied city with a force of soldiers. A short skirmish broke out between a high ranking officer of the foreign army and Gareth quickly realized the depth of strength possessed by his adversaries. He then ordered a surrender before any lives could be taken, thus allowing himself and his men to be taken prisoner by the gargantuan invasion force from the sea. The remaining three generals traveled to the remaining major cities of Sanc to secure them and word of the invasion is quickly becoming public. As of now, Arvergne is completely in enemy hands.
Exposition
Exposition
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm

*Click* A hand belonging to Sumaru left his face but his facial features could no longer be seen aside from his crimson blood eyes. Raising his hands up he slid on a piece of sleak armor that also resembled leather but it was light. He was the only one wearing one of these special stealth suits that he had designed for missions like this. He was the only one who actually liked it tho as his companions weren't to fond of the idea, But go figure. they weren't the one with a capture or kill bounty on there head.

The Young Lady had informed Sumaru of what was going down in Sanc but she didn't tell him much. Just that Zechs' was away and his kingdom was in danger. That was all he needed to hear. He hurt Zechs' in the worst way possible and he knew their was no way he could ever make it up to him but if he could put his life on the line to protect what Zechs' worked so hard to create you're goddamn right he would. He didn't tell his companions much about what they were getting into aside from that the kingdom Sanc was under siege and that he owed a great debt to the king. Sumaru himself didn't even know that much about the situation but he's gone into worse scenarios with less information.

The traveling caravan pulled to a stop as they reached the gates of the city that was under siege. "Guldfaxe keep it running and stay out here. We might need a hasty exit should things go sour." He hopped out the caravan and looked inside at his companions. "I'm not forcing any of you to come with me but assistance would be greatly appreciated."
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:02 am

"Fuck you"

--Is what Flynn wanted to respond with. The chance to spit and spite back at Sumaru had been a growing temptation ever since they had left Coeura. He found the man insufferable, but.. he wasn't really all that bad. Just..

Different.

"I can walk through the gates, Sumaru. Goldwyn can too if he wants. I'm gonna go in and look around-- see if I can find anybody we can talk to about what's going on."

Flynn's sword clinked as he shuffled, the familiarity of it imbuing him with a sense of confidence. Its weight was comfortable. Still, he felt uneasy in the caravan. The clown boy-- Luteccio, was strange. Sometimes he stayed so silent, Flynn earnestly forgot his presence. Other times.. he wish he could forget Luteccio's presence. His words were the same language, but it really felt like he was speaking Caelic or something.

On the other hand, that colossus in the bright armor felt like he might snap at any moment. He kept Flynn on edge more than Sumaru's edge.

"You want to go, Goldwyn? Thanks to my movements, I can do this myself but another hand never hurts. But if you have another idea, we can split, maybe?"
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:47 am

What a strange, strange man.

Goldwyn was still entranced by the fact that such a commanding name resulted in nothing more than a boy crooning to do right to what he did wrong. Well. So he claimed. The entire troupe was nonsensical- spare the one voice of reason who piped up.

"Flynn's right. Neither of us are written outlaws, so it makes sense to at the very least have confident eyes on the streets. Well. One set."

Scratching under the cloth covering his face, he couldn't help but narrow his gaze. Something wasn't right, and it bugged him.

"I don't have another idea, my clothes are too nice to fit for a beggar. A traveling blind man without a seer is also strange. Then again they could just see it as a weird fashion choice. Either way, I'll follow behind you."

Goldwyn was out of coffee, and out of patience. Something had his nerves on edge, and it wasn't anything to do with the present company.
Cedric
Cedric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Octo Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Big broodings all around! It seems their new partners had not yet earned our heroes' trust... But it is fine! Because they're now under the same compulsory conscription by the fiercest syllabes utterable by sun-scorched bonemen, they are now allies! Hermanos in arms! Heroes for hire! Vagabonds in vain!

Yet... The situation looks too physical for our main spokesman! Looks like some action for the Bafflegabinet's Executive Power is in order, prontíssimo!

--------

Well, well, bong the knell sideways! You heard the Heartless, bambini! Time for some big ragazzo action! "Cacklin' Cracker" ain't a showstopper of a street name for nothing! See, the mere utterance brings attentive flies in preemption to gnash at my enemies' skinny flesh, è vero! Nature is the biggest motherf-

Nay, Erede. Take the reins here.

A soft voice broke the silence of our yet-unsung hero, but not for naught.

This is not a battle for you to fight. You're expected back home.

Soft steps could be heard against the resin-cased wood of the caravan floor. And as a bare foot peeked off its side...

A soil-crackling clang.
One more.

Aye, we could say I'm... Expected elsewhere. Papa must be anxious.

The knight in shining ultra-violet armor, now off the caravan, peeked inside for a momentaneous farewell.

I'm certain you know what's going on here, sire - a minefield to you, but a stepping stone for me.

He caught up with the party of wandermen, ready to surrender his will in fameless conflict.

Comrades! You may not yet trust us, but do be sure - we own no ground to bury your bones shall we fail. The goal is not to win, but to live - so we may win the morrow yonder. Now-

The caravan ran the way it came, carrying the young Erede and his treasures inside.

Hopefully a bard will bust a vocal chord to this.
Octo
Octo
Awaiting

Character information
Character Information: President of the Bafflegabinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 pm

"Three days. I couldn't settle down for three days!"

The seething thoughts escaped through the young lady's hushed, sharp breathes while she ran. Turning corners and staying away from sight, she cursed at the dead ends she encountered. "Passageways, passageways.." She remembered from her brief time here, told of secret tunnels leading in and out of the city's walls, made from the smugglers and black market dealers that occupy its streets away from guarding eyes.

The commotion of the battle allowed her to make ground into the upper district of the city, the tip of the gates were in view, but too guarded by the invaders. "Who are they, even?! I've never seen these people, but Gareth was.." Stopping, she looked back to where she saw her friend's battle, or lack thereof, having to watch him be taken away by an unknown company.
Ripping herself away, she focused on leaving the city before she ended up with her friend in the wrong circumstances. "I'll find a way to fix this, Gareth. Just count on me."

Uriah found herself with the main gates in sight, but no clear route to leave. The passageways could be total lies, she thought multiple times, but it was her only way.
Having a good place to rest, she fell against the alley wall of a building she hid behind, looking directly at the gate that mocked her escape. "Does Sanc even know about this? Zechs, just what are you doing.."
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugetsu Thu May 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Karma was a part of the initial battle with the invading army. The Sanc army had not been able to fight off the invaders and had chosen to surrender on peaceful terms. Karma had not been able to accept surrendering and would not allow himself to become imprisoned. He needed to escape Arvergne and find away to contact Zechs. He had wanted to free the General if he could but decided that there was no way he could safely do that without compromising himself and the General. Karma was able to escape being captured due to his one of the abilities of his Rebellious Keys weapons. This ability allowed himself to bend the light around him allowing him to remove himself from the visible light spectrum. However this ability could only be active for a limited time so Karma still had to remain out of view from any potential enemies.

It was going to be difficult to escape this place whether he could be seen or not. Karma was sure that there would be those capable of detecting the usage of magick around the exits of Sanc so he dared not try to leave just yet. Instead he would sneak around in the shadows looking for any weak points in the defenses of the enemy army station around the main exit. Still shrouded from the visible light spectrum he would enter an alley way shrouded in darkness noticing a woman hiding out of the view from enemies. Karma had felt as if he had seen her before, but he couldn’t remember. The risen antithei had figured the women was on their side otherwise she wouldn’t need to hide. But how should he approach her? Deciding not to dwell on it further he would move within a range his voice could be heard by only her but he of course still not be seen while invisible.

“Ma’am I think you’re a resident of Sanc… Don’t freak out I am invisible due to an ability of mine but my name is Karma. You may or may not have hear d of me, but I am a follower of Lord Zechs.” This was all Karma thought he needed to say now. He wasn’t still completely sure if the women was an ally or not so he needed not give away important information.  His voice would bounce around the walls of the alleyway so he was sure that the woman would have a hard time finding out exactly where he was positioned but he still had not chosen to reveal himself until he knew the identity of the women and if she could be trusted.
Mugetsu
Mugetsu
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Walpurgisnacht Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm

Worming through the hidden network of tunnels, a cold breeze carried echoes of a steeled whisper, near-silent reverberations dancing along the walls as the sound crawled through the passage. There was no form, no discernable presence beyond the spiraling flow of wind, yet still, the rush of air was unmistakably singing an iron song, whistling its quiet authority beneath the earth.

Cold as the surface of a bloodied sword, the wind brushed over unseen flesh. A sentient breeze visualized the obstruction, privy to every minute change in the flow of air within the underground, mapping out every distinct contour of the humanoid form. Then, two pale fingers formed, suspended in the air as they pressed against transparent skin.

"An interesting party trick..."

The whispers became words. A serpentine appraisal, spoken by the nothing at all directly in front of the rogue mercenary. That same nothingness twisted into material shape, as gusts of air congealed behind the hidden soldier. The initial form was nothing more than a translucent silhouette in the outline of a human body. Then, as if painted over by the correctional impulses of the world, colors and features spread from the silver phantom's chest.

"Still, even a blind man could tell where you stood."

Seanna spoke through a wry grin as human expressions were finally drawn onto her face. A silver wolf with bladed hair, dressed in harsh monochrome, her slender fingers held against an invisible neck. Gentle currents of air flowed beside her wrist.

"You're a soldier of Sanc? Don't think I've ever heard of you." she spoke dismissively, her tone casual and song-like, until her sharpened gaze fell on the woman in front of her. "As for you..."

Venom now lashed out from her tongue, her grin widening to reveal the shape knives. "So, you've finally decided to approach me, Uriah? Instead of running away, you've come back to Sanc...?"

Any seasoned warrior could feel the challenge dripping from her words.
Walpurgisnacht
Walpurgisnacht
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exposition Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Whipping winds thrummed through her ears in alignment to the temper of her heartbeat. A preeminence of the soul-born kinship, gathering itself into a tempest of crystal tears presented only before her snowy, sneering countenance. Veviant drew in a thin breathe, her eyes glimmering with residue sweat. A cry she heard, a craving she teased; Vevi gripped the feathers of her closest companion, whispering a prayer and a question to his permanence and acceptance. To tread upon its soils once more.. Ae'Ire, the world, once demanded this woman's spirit to a heavy, chained discordance. Every second she spent away from her captor, love was born out of dripping, malicious spite.

In short, Vevi desperately longed to jump thirty-five thousand feet to the surface of the planet for fun.

However, she climbed higher into the stars. She wanted it to want her, the regulator of the coming ages. It teased her, seduced her back, but the Chaser could not halt. Vevi slipped through the splicing ribbons of wind in a motion similar to the flight of Angels and Seraphs, yet faster still in her mind. She was upon the back of Tiyn, his thirty foot wing span cutting across the sky mass like a Sicarian's blade through the steel of men. Hands of gravity now threatened to rip her apart at this height, but the pilot kept her heart light.

-

Mistrumr had finished placing the glyphs around Arvergne, the semblances of power humming dutifully in their selective corners. Now, she could eradicate the entire city in a titanic inferno should she so desire. Or, she could protect the people inside from an overdue military response. Still, she needed to clean up a bit before giving the signal to the other scouting parties, just to ensure safety. Some of the people here were impressively in their own rights..

Others could stay, others needed to go. Too many level threes could stand up to a level ten, given the time and luck. As delectable as that was, Luck was not a factor she could amuse right now. The voraciousness of her ideals kept the devil woman keenly intent. With a smirk now burnt into her expression, it was decided. There was no longer the luxury of choice.

"Tiyn" she whispered, and he jerked to the side in tandem, back now facing the ocean. The movement threw her off of him and she began to tunnel downwards from the sky. Above the clouds, above the sky itself, Vevi Admrak raced to the ground. A river of caramel and snow whipped behind her as her plait lost its links to the force of the fall, and her hair split into a flare of silk.

A little lifetime of falling, then Vevi was greeted by a bundle of mid to low level Echos. Ganged up in a corner.. Two women and a man. Only ten thousand feet up, she thrust herself further and further until her speed began to blur her sight.

From ten thousand to ten, the Cae greeted her home soil. A thump of pressure as she landed onto stone, between them all, sending an eruption of wind and dust throughout the alley. Vevi absorbed the force of the fall, lacing it through her figure as she stood. Its presence became hers; its strength belonged to her.

Vevi Admrak lifted her frame up to full height, her teeth gnarled out in an intentional, nocuous smirk. "Baby girl, you have no right to have that ego. I know chirplings who can make scarier threats."

The dust settled, and she stood before them. A woman at above average height, slender and built, yet gangly. She was shaped like an hourglass yet chiseled like a stone warrior. The shimmering paleness of her gaze was highlighted by the stark contrast of her mocha skin, giving Vevi an exotic visage in her totality.

"Hey, bud, take off that stupid sheet. You look like you're asking for candy in the wrong neighborhood, and sweetheart, if you're going to leave, just do it. I'll boot you out myself if you sit there drooling over yourself any longer. All of you, actually. My foot will leave a nice mark on your asses in case you're curious."

She adjusted her poncho, the decorated piece held silver buttons that swam navy and white. It hugged her comfortably, hiding the chain leather plate underneath. A monotonous charcoal defined her dressings underneath, baggy and tethered by wires. In fact, it was extremely similar to the rogue's grays worn by an old rogue himself..

She was a beauty, yet her mocking aura stole from her any allure that might be born from her tender lips, now smeared in an icy simper; her gem-like eyes, sharpened into daggers, her curved figure, taught into a stance readied by a lifetime of dominant aggression and violence. What she lost from her own humanity, Vevi looked to steal from fragility of any kind. Weakness, like that of those around her, fed the vileness within.

-

This will require responses from Karma, Uriah, and Seanna.
Exposition
Exposition
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 am

Invisible men, that cruel face of a sadist, and the unwanted presence of that woman from before..
The entire world just needs to slow down..

Uriah could barely stand herself up before the burst of events had happened. The face of the young woman never registered past confusion, but the explosive arrival of the one she saw Gareth surrender to brought everything to a dire halt.

"As far as first impressions go, you aren't very high on the list. I've never seen your emblem before, just who are you?" The urge to fight back welled in her fist, shifting her weight low to the ground, but all it truly served as was stalling for a plan. Whoever this lady was, Uriah didn't like her. “If Seanna's here, does this mean Sanc has taken a countermeasure? ..Or is she just here on her own accord..” Either way, someone she recognized was here, for better or for worse. Her hand was placed like it rested on something, that must have been the invisible one. She wasn't crazy.

With the picture in focus, the last to arrive took priority. No emotion was hidden from her face, a contorted expression as she looked at her, a visible preparation of violence. “I'd be stupid to ignore your advantages here, but your voice annoys me..” She muttered under her breath, a conflicting force of wanting to strike against the immovable fact she was outmatched by herself. From where she stood, her friend was standing on the other side of the invader, and she looked to her if she truly had a plan for the situation, even if she was.. Seanna. “Do we really have to run?”
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Walpurgisnacht Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm

The comet pierced through her boundary of awareness, shattering the gentle flow of air with its violent entry and blinding her second sight entirely. A half-instant later, Seanna saw the enemy crash in front of her, heart frozen in place as dust erupted from within the alley. The force of her descent blew past the Vaium's sides, holding her in place like a thousand hands telling her to stand down. It was instant, blinding and deafening, and the small, compact world around them seemed to dislocate in response to her fall.

Her mind quickly corrected a vagrant desire to dance with this death in front of her.

The veil of dust settled, and from the fading plume emerged a woman. Slowly, the torn winds resumed their former rhythm, shifting around her dangerous figure. Seanna's gaze now surrounded her, but it didn't make a difference. There was nothing she could see that would give her the edge; monsters hid beneath human flesh, always.

What she could see was the pleading look of an acquaintance from behind the hostile, asking for some solution. Internally, she scowled. Was she asking her to think of a way to beat this person? To save Sanc? To escape? Frustration boiled her blood. Beneath her crimson lust was a logical understanding that she was outmatched, one way or another - even if this woman fell, an invading army awaited them, and she knew that the commanders here had already surrendered to them. Seanna was, by comparison, an attack dog trying to crush mountains with her jaws.

Even if she wished for this death, the Vaium of gales couldn't allow herself to let Zechs' dream fall this easily. So, loathing aside, she had to think quickly.

Her fingers eased against the skin of an invisible neck. A touch lighter than she usually cared for, indicating that, whoever this soldier was, they were on the same side for now. It told him not to fight.

"Chirplings?" she tossed back, slinging her words with an arrogance that came naturally, even when faked. "That sounds about right. Yes... you certainly strike me as the type to dance around with chirplings."

The silver-clad woman let her arm fall to her side, no longer holding onto the invisible soldier, while the other found its way to her hip. She rinsed the battle-readiness from her figure, and made herself look at ease. "Yet, unfortunately for you, this isn't your back garden. This is a city within the kingdom of Sanc. So, I'd suggest you state your business here. And by that, I mean the business of whoever is pulling your leash."

So long as she knew nothing, she could do nothing. Right now, Seanna needed information. If she could dissect this thing, she could strike at its heart. She had to let her words be her scalpel. That aside, this enemy had chosen to talk rather than fight. She'd thrown away the element of surprise. Maybe it was confidence, or maybe-

"I'd at least like to know what you were trying to accomplish before you got skewered."
Walpurgisnacht
Walpurgisnacht
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum