Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
 --RETCON-- EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
 --RETCON-- EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
 --RETCON-- EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
 --RETCON-- EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
 --RETCON-- EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
 --RETCON-- EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
 --RETCON-- EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
 --RETCON-- EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
 --RETCON-- EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

--RETCON--

5 posters

Go down

--RETCON-- Empty --RETCON--

Post by Six Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:47 am

A hardening of mind, a mastering of body, and an acceptance of the soul.  

The sun beat down heavily upon the surface of the earth, soaking light into the pale, dry grass and spreading it throughout the roots beneath the soil like Iric lifeblood.

A stagnation formed through absolute readiness, controlling every twitch and urge to release the bonds of flesh into a chaotic freedom.

Precision, control, preparation.

Acceptance.

Breathe.

The boy's body hung half exposed from the waist up, welcoming the undiluted warmth of the sun that tanned his bare skin like a flickering flame. His body held low and strained, the muscles underneath working voraciously to prevent the slightest error of movement, lest he falter. His torso split in motion; his right shoulder angled inward in a reach around to his left arm as if to grasp it, and his left hand held upward in supporting the weight of a long sheath.

Under the tender rays of the early morning sun, Sidus of the Realm of Light listened to the world around him turn on its axis. Ever since the break of daylight, the young swordsman took the time to hone the edges of both his body and the blade it wields by focusing the core of his being into a hardened trance of perfect stillness.

The bright veil of cascading sunlight hugged his pale skin like clothing. It clung to him as if meeting the Chaser in a sweet, loving embrace. His body glistened in the light, not only from the drops of sweat that rolled down his chest from the efforts of meditation, but from the line of Runes etched into his bare skin that wrapped above his right shoulder and below his left arm like a sash. Each Rune, otherworldly in essence, twinkled white and gray as if illuminated from under the surface of his exterior. As the Cae began to feel them aglow, Sidus opened his eyes in the barest slit and felt rolling waves of newfound energy revitalize his body, mind, and soul.

He listened, waited with patience for the winds to whisper, and then he understood.

The grass around him glowed softly.

Last edited by Flynn on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

--RETCON-- Empty Re: --RETCON--

Post by Vinculis Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 am

Through eyes not his own, the Sicarian saw the world flare with vivid color and sound. The brilliance of the sun, the gentle freshness of the air, the punctuating crunch of the grass beneath his feet, it all clashed together and then melded into the sweetest of symphonies, creating something far greater than the sum of its parts. A harmony born from dichotomy, he mused, stopping to take it all in. Even with a long orange robe draped over his form, Vinculis was as good as naked before the gentle touch of nature. Even though his eyes were closed behind his mask, the light of the world was far clearer to him now than it had ever been.

And he would have called the world beautiful, had he not known any better.

A chuckle escaped him, a smarmy, caustic sound that shattered the perfect balance of nature’s song. He'd heard such music a thousand times already - and he'd hear it a thousand more times before it got old - but the man had to return to his kingdom. He had little time to waste on something he knew so well. Resting his spear on his shoulder, the Sicarian made his way through the grasslands, relishing the crackle that heralded his every step.

---

It wasn't long, though, before he felt something else. Something softer than nature’s crescendo, something that weaved its way past the forces of the world, moving around them rather than against them. Vinculis recognized this feeling, the feeling of magick, but rarely had he felt it like this. He had come to understand magick as a force of power, control and destruction, not the soothing flux of acceptance that he felt right now. Such a force caressed his soul, igniting the fires of temptation within his being. Drawn to a halt by his own curiosity, the Sicarian turned his head. To a distance, he saw a figure, one locked in perfect stillness. The source of the magick.

Vinculis started walking again, this time towards the figure. Sanc could wait.

The closer he got, the more he was able to make out the finer details of the figure. From behind, he looked young, with white hair and pale skin, and intricate markings atop his flesh. Those caught his eye. Those he hadn't seen before. And he had seen many runes and markings in his time, all now etched into his memory. None looked like these. None looked as ancient and alien as these.

He was close now. Close enough to be heard.

“Those markings…” he said, not at all mindful of whatever the boy was doing, “I haven't seen them before. What are they?”
Vinculis
Vinculis
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Alice hummed to herself delightful themes inspired by the lush scenery around her, taking a walk through the nearby grasslands that had been boasted of its beauty in the town she had been resting at from her journey to Sanc.
The wind blew heavily around her, guiding the grass like batons. Her eyes followed its movements as she walked, her voice following along with pleasant cadence.
Alice took solace in the seeming fact that she could always find assuring beauty in Ae'Ire, despite the tragedies and havoc happening so soon on her time here.

The unperturbed grasslands and its level view was broken by the sight of two figures out in the distance. It was all that could be made out, so she eagerly went to see who they were to satisfy her curiosity. The thought of combat hadn't crossed her mind when coming out here, but Alice had still carried her shield with her, yet to any outsider's glance it looked like a string instrument in its case.

She approached with an amiable air to her, a kind and sincere countenance as she waved to the two strangers. Alice hadn't taken much notice to them at first, and once she had, still met eyes with an unchanged impression. “Hey, there!” She chimed, still a bit away, unable to hear the exchanged words of the two as she came closer.
“I was sure I would be the only one out here.” Her voice was soft, speaking earnestly with a warm tone to her words. “What an interesting sight to be welcomed to.”  
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynn Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:36 pm

“What an interesting sight to be welcomed to.”

Erynn's gaze drifted over towards the young woman striding forward. A familiar note rang when the woman's face was registered, but nothing truly settled. In the air, away from the crowd, she remained in her perfect little spot of existence. Away from the prying eyes, away from detection.

Her heart sank when the Echo she had felt was that of a Caelator- having had previous issues with the race. Maybe this time would be different- who knew? Of course, a tone of embarrassment shaded her thoughts as she realized the intrusiveness of her actions. He seemed to be performing a ritual- his ease of movement showed the familiarity with the motions. The second Echo was.. More interesting. She'd only barely experienced anything like that of this being, which could be said was nothing alike at the same time.

"So curious..."

Flynn
Flynn
Admin

Character information
Character Information:

https://o-v-b.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm

An infinite measure of twinkling twilight expanded throughout the subconscious sky world. Showers of diamonds fluttered about and planted themselves within the earth; future lives of passion and sorrow shaped from the seeds of strife yet born.
A bundling mass of inner mana spiraled in flawless harmony within the young man's body, just below his navel. A messenger of a world of stars caressed the boy's heart, dissolving the inner sanctums of his mind into a drifting array of weightless clarity.

Only the tickling grass that snaked along his leggings held him firmly anchored to the shores of Ae'Ire. The itch of the their long stalks, coupled with the muffled voices of the unknown. With the slightest thread of self-serenity, Sidus's mind held tethered to his body.

Ittoryu Ōgi - ...

A click

A snippet of motion barely conceivable by the procession of the wielder. His finger twitched.

There was then screaming in the grass.

A protracted shriek of steel raking across the essence of the mind, the form of the body, and the procreation of a harnessed soul.

Release.

In the same, single instant, Sidus sheathed his expansive Ōdachi, never moving more than a twitch of his forefinger.

A heartbeat of silence.

He exhaled quietly, and tossed the sheathed sword over his shoulder with a muffled clank! "Ladies and gentlemen!" he evoked the crowd, turning with a lazy demeanor to meet the company that stood with him. "I've been expecting you".

Before a response could have formed, he let out an airy laugh that shook his bare shoulders. "No, not really. But that sounds cool, right? Anyways, can I help you? I seem to have lost myself in my meditation. I do hope I'm not in the way of any traveler's trail". He glanced down at his feet to examine where he was, but found only pale grass ticking his feet.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinculis Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

A shift in the flow of magick signaled the approach of another stranger, this one far less subdued than the boy before him. The Sicarian felt energy coursing behind him, strong and steady in its flux, yet with a sense of boundless positivity to its movement. In front of him, the boy's own magick grew sharper, firmer, flowing with concentration and determination. They both met with an unseen, unheard impact that was only felt by the man at its center, the man who felt magic just as easily as he felt the morning sunlight

No such harmony from this dichotomy, he thought. His lips curled beneath the ever-grinning mask.

The boy seemed oblivious to the Sicarian's words, and Vinculis would have spoken again had he not heard a soft, amiable voice call to him. Another traveller, one with social intentions. The one he'd felt moments earlier. He turned, sharp eyes gazing at the young woman. Gazing through her, more like. He'd formed his opinions of her the second he'd felt the magick within her, and very little would change them now. As always, he was interested. Interested in whatever potential this girl might hold. But that was all he was, and such feelings weren't even strong enough to muster a simple gesture of invitation or welcome. Vinculis settled with a simple nod at her direction, and may have considered exchanging words briefly-

But then his body tensed, his reaction to a sudden movement from behind almost instinctual. No, more than just movement. In a single instant, Vinculis had felt a small flare of magick from within the boy. Nothing he could trace, nothing he could have hoped to focus on, but something that had shaken his being for the smallest of moments.

The Sicarian forced composure onto his form, and turned steadily back to face the boy. What he found was not a steely-eyed warrior of lethal precision, but casual words from casual young man.

Such a contradictory world...

"No, you're not in my way..." he spoke, his deep voice devoid of anything resembling emotion, "Quite the opposite. You drew my away from my path." A scoff cut through the relative stillness of the conversation "I suppose my own curiosity is to blame, though. And, well..." he shot the girl a quick glance, "I don't know her."

He took a moment to glance around, analyzing his company. Both so unique. Both so different.

Harmony born from dichotomy.

"I suppose introductions are customary in a situation like this? My name is Vinculis."
Vinculis
Vinculis
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Alice's eyes gleamed with interest to her company, an amused smile curling on her gentle expression when taking note of the Sicarian, “What a funny mask..” Remarking to herself aloud, swinging her case around to the ground, creating an audible crash. “Right! Names. Mine is Alice, nice to meet you!” She answered, leaning her shield against her where she stood and off her shoulder.

Alice took a moment to look at the strangers. Both seemed to be separate, and their tunes played much differently, taking especial note of the young man who had spoken up to everyone. She enjoyed the characters of both, a calm feeling within her when she looked at them, the funny masked man giving her a different feeling, but still she enjoyed their presence already.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting you, by the way." She addressed the first speaker with a faint laugh, ruffling the back of her hair. ".. Whatever you were doing."
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:35 am

"I'm Sidus" the young Chaser pronounced, stretching the muscles of his jaw as he spoke. It had been months since he had enjoyed the pleasant luxury of company and even shaping the words of the common language felt unnatural.

The glossy veil over Sidus's subconscious quickly began to fizzle out under the warmth of the noon sun. The fingers gripping tenderly onto his soul quickly began to slip, their icy grip slipping out of his body like a blade slicing flesh. The madness ascended, leaving his ethereal form free falling back into his lanky, ageless body.

Damn. I was so close this time too..

With bodily jurisdiction restored, Sidus quickly began to feel the strain placed upon his upper collar muscles, knees, and inner shoulders. He let out a pained grunt as he reached to rub his left shoulder with his right thumb, barely audible behind the distraction of his words.

"It's not often I see people, so I never really prepared for company. Forgive me".

He winced, and in a flicker of spatial disturbance, a long draping robe fluttered onto the boy's body out of the thinness of air. It wrapped around his shoulders, the creamy white cotton cushioned his soreness and he dropped his right hand onto his sash and his left onto the pommel of his long Ōdachi. "But I do remember wearing clothes to be a thing. That's still a thing right?" He smiled, seemingly delighted.

"So, what's new? Anything I can help you all with?"
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinculis Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Alice and Sidus. Those names inspired no memory within the Sicarian. To him, they were just intricate combinations of vowels and consenants, strung together to form words that lacked any true meaning. Their beholders were nobodies in his eyes, with nothing to define them but the smallest exchange of pleasentries. And yet, it was for that exact reason that he was so enticed by his unassuming company. He knew nothing about them, which only meant that he had so much to unearth. The girl, who radiated a childlike sense of joy and naivete, and an overwhelming confidence in those traits. The boy, who seemed so in control with himself and his surroundings, yet appeared so unpretentious and relaxed. They were all part of a grand novelty, which the Sicarian was intent on digging through until the end of his days. Claw through, if he had to. Whichever method life would have him use.

Vinculis stood motionless as words were passed around, only turning his head when he felt another swift wave of magick cut through his thoughts. It was the boy - Sidus, he'd said - conjuring a set of clothing onto his form. And a weapon, he noted. The small flicker of natural energy revitalized his mind, reviving the questions that had first drawn him here; those of Sidus' strange markings, and of his reasons for being out here on his own. Alice, too, was unorthodox in her nature. The young girl carried with her a large case, its contents a mystery to the Sicarian.

He'd inquire about that too, of course. But first...

"Clothing is also customary," Vinculis said, the corners of his mouth rising slightly "If memory still serves me. But yes, it's as Alice said. You were doing something out here - meditation, you said? To what end? If you'll indulge me, I'd like to know more. It's not every day one finds a young man standing half-naked in the grasslands, after all."

Vinculis paused for just a moment.

"And, also, there were markings on your body. Markings I didn't recognize. I'd like to know more about those, too."

Vinculis
Vinculis
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Asher slowly walked lazily through the area. He had one hand resting on his sheath while the other was providing shade for his eyes. The sun beamed down on him as if it were specifically targeting him. He had decided to scout out the area to make sure it was safe for Alice.

After spotting no life what so ever he made his way back to her. It was then that he saw her surrounded by two strangers. He sighed as he failed his one job. He saw she was in no trouble so he silently made his way to Alice's side.

He stood confidently next to her with his hand still resting on the hilt of his blade. His gaze went left to right staring at the two. "Making new friends now are we Alice?" He spoke in a joyful tone as if excited to meet new people when in reality he was wary of what trouble the strangers could bring.
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

"They're Caelic runes". He slid a gentle touch across the sash of tattoos as he spoke. "You must be a new man around the Brightlands if you have never seen these", Sidus told the Sicarian, concurrently offering a frivolous wave of his hand coupled a bright smile to the newest addition to the raging party.

Two humans, a Seraph, Sicarian, and a Chaser walk into a tavern..

His body arced to the side as if stretching his flank; his right arm reaching upward to pass over his neck and pronounce the glistening indents within his skin to show them off. "They're different for every Cae. Mine don't exactly have a lot to say, really, which is fine. Most of the stronger Chasers have runes covering their body since conception, but I have only a couple of sentences".

In the act of dropping his arm, the runes responded to his impassivity by dimming their aura.

"Now, allow me my own entreaty".

The lengthy Ōdachi that rest within her sheath stirred as the young master tapped his ring finger on its pommel, the gesture appearing casual. "Would you do me a favour and remove that mask?".
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum