Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Stranger in a stranger land

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Stranger in a stranger land - Page 2 Empty Re: Stranger in a stranger land

Post by xwiry Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:15 pm

"I apologize for my ignorance, friend, but where I am from, we have no such knowledge. We have tricks for amusement and illusions, but nothing that we may fight each other with. Such feats are reserved for fantasies and far off lands where great sorcerers would use them to lay waste to each other...

But apparently that's where I am now. This facilitates a change of plans. Now we must find books, scrolls, and stories. And since you obviously know what we're looking for far better than I do, please lead on. Otherwise we'll be at this all day..."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:13 pm

And so they went. It wasn't long before they came upon a clearing outside of the city walls, well away from homes, farms, and anything else a novice mage or alchemist could accidentally break. Soon the duo had set things up to begin the lesson on magic in general and alchemy in principle.

"Alright. We've placed ourselves well away from everyone else. Now please tell me what you mean by magic, as I still believe that this must be something simpler."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm

By the end of the day, the clearing hadn't looked quite as different as Stephan had thought. The initial demonstration seemed to be the most dramatic, though the large stone periodic table seemed a bit much, especially since out of the 118 elements discussed, Stephan was already familiar with fifty of them, and already knew that thirty three of the ones he couldn't perfectly recall were hazardous, with nine of those being synthetic and another six theoretical. Though interestingly enough, the practical combat application his teacher seemed to be familiar with wasn't the transmutation itself, but the kinetic energy inherent in reforming objects properly. The same could be said with this "Ice Make" technique used to demonstrate the existence of magic, though the applications of both were lightly touched upon in favor of explaining the theory.

While fascinating, this magic business will require research. Particularly where kinetic control of these shaped elements are concerned...

However, there didn't seem to be anything magic could do to keep the lesson going through the night, so it appeared that the teacher and student would be retiring in the clearing for the night...

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:32 pm

And so the day closes on Stephan and Gajeel's first day visiting the kingdom of Bolitaria. Through the night, however, Stephan suffered from dreams of his home, where magic and werewolves were merely legend and alchemy a fevered dream for the ambitious mortal miser... Where things made sense and the way of the world was known... And where a simple man with a simpler knife would pay heed to his whiles without a thought, as the thoughtless were always eager for sensible opinion in their heads. For him to need the kind of power over the very world itself to keep safe...

This world will be very dangerous indeed.

And thus the first day ended.

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Stephan awoke the the smell of cooking meat. He knew that smell, though. It was the familiar smell of venison, spit roasted if he wasn't mistaken... But that left for something quite curious: something so familiar as venison in this far off place... And what's more, venison meant deer, or something like deer. And if a deer by any other name could be made into venison, wouldn't herbs by any other name be as true to how he knew them? Forest herbs did make for a brilliant dry rub, which made for tastier venison that a simple deer thrown on a spit.

So at 7:15, as quickly as he dared without letting a wavering breath escape his lips, Stephan found his way out of the cabin and into the woods in search of his herbs.

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:45 pm

After fifteen minutes, Gajeel spies Stephan trudging back to the cabin, looking quite upset with his take in his fists, swinging river onion and crow garlic aplenty as they were easy enough to find, but with no other herbs but a single confusing pepper. A mind boggling red pepper that should not have been found for a thousand leagues outside of a port market. And of all things, regardless of what he couldn't find that he thought he should have from his own worldly knowledge, it was this pepper that vexed him to no end, sitting in defiance of everything that still made sense of this place.

However, only upon spying Gajeel in return does Stephan swap his grimace for a grin before asking "Good morning friend. I thought I would do something on my own to contribute to our meal. I don't suppose you have a mortor and pestel with which I can grind these up into powder with some salt, do you?"

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Stephan scowled. "I KNOW! Everything about this pepper says that it should be tens of thousands of leagues away across the sea, growing in the untouched wilds of some waterlogged jungle and certainly not in the woods in this climate being picked at by deer and rats! At any rate, this is all I could find is the one. The plant is half dead, the rest were taken long ago, and you're not likely to grow anything from that here." At this, Stephan started to grind up the garlic and onions together in the mortor bowl and relaxed his pained rage into a straighter face. "Now if you can, would you mind using your alchemy to make to small blocks of salt? One rock salt, the other sea salt. I can grind them up in here with the meat of that pepper once it's been seeded and then we can rub the powder into your venison for a bit of flavor in breakfast other than iron and plasma."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm

"Then if you would not mind seeding the thing before I've completely finished grinding all of this up..." Stephan responds as the new strain of breaking up the salt along with the herbs showing it's effect on his furrowing brow.

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Stephan takes a moment to look up while finishing his work. "Oh, I haven't. I know how to work a mortor and pestel for collecting oils, I know where to find plants in the wild based on the environment, and I've read a few cook books for better cuisine, but I've only ever seen a dry rub applied once and this wasn't it. However, it's not too far off from a marinade recipe and all of the basic ingredients are here. It won't be as sweet without some sugar, but it won't have nearly as much kick with only the one pepper. Now as I've heard the one time I had pork like this, it should help preserve the meat a bit while giving it a bit of flavor. And from what I've had of slow roasted venison, I can tell you this can't hurt. Takes to what I usually make with what I'm used to like oil to water. But rubbing this right into the meat might do the trick. Especially if it hasn't been an hour since you started spit roasting the whole beast."

"Oh, though you might want to take care to keep it out of most of your fur. It's not going to do anything, but it'll be harder than sand to get out."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Stephan just stares blankly for a moment. "No, no.... I believe we should continue today. The sooner I can create a hammer with which to brain myself for missing a vegetable patch full of peppers, berries, and herbs I could use for spices." And with that, he takes the powder outside to begin rubbing it into the now lightly flared corpse.

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:51 pm

"Regardless of my feelings concerning your vegetable garden, I don't quite see why things have to wait a full day..."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by xwiry Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 am

Stephan stares at Gajeel, and Gajeel stares back... "You're not that familiar with teaching, are you."

xwiry
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum