Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
The Excursion to a new world (Open) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Excursion to a new world (Open)

2 posters

Go down

The Excursion to a new world (Open) Empty The Excursion to a new world (Open)

Post by Xelban Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Shady merchants peddle their wares in low murmurs, as a quiet rain lulls the night. Small drops of rain patter over what were once the rooftops of beautiful buildings, now fallen into decay and disrepair. Alleyways connecting the main roads through the marketplace now harbor little more than rats, and cutthroats. On this particular night, however, the usual disquiet of the marketplace would be disturbed. In one unassuming alleyway, a pair of rats fight over a small, moldy piece of soggy bread. A tension fills the air, and the rats suddenly cease their bickering and look around, bewildered. Suddenly, they scatter without a sound as a portal tears it's way into existence. The moldy piece of bread is flattened as a single, armored sabaton crushes it underfoot. Soon after it is followed by the leg, then body of the owner, as an armored figure steps out of the portal. Then, just as soon as it came into existence, the portal vanishes- leaving the armored behemoth standing alone in the passage.

The figure glances around slowly, before gazing up into the sky. It is good to see that the rain yet ever falls on a place such as this. I suppose some things never change.

His initial excitement sated, Crowe proceeds down the alleyway into the marketplace itself. After passing by a few silent onlookers who could only gape at the armored giant, he arrives in front of a merchant selling gems from a small shop connected to a building. As Crowe approaches the counter, a raspy voice echoes from behind a stack of crates.

"If you're here to buy something, hurry it up. If not, then be on your way! I have no work for vagabonds!" Moments later, a crate comes waddling up to the counter. A small, shrewdly dressed man appears from behind the crate as he lowers it to the ground. An audible gasp can be heard as the man suddenly becomes aware of present company.

"B-Begging your pardons sir, I mistook you for a miscreant. This city, you see... I-it's full of individuals of ehhh poor repute? Ehehe..." The merchant wrings his hands as he struggles to regain his composure. Unimpressed, Crowe reaches into his satchel and retrieves a single gem, presenting it to the merchant.

"I hear that you people pay quite handsomely for rare gems such as this. Give me fair payment and I shall be on my way..."

Adjusting his glasses nervously, the merchant takes a closer look at the gem. Suddenly, his nervous demeanor melts into a smile, as the merchant bursts into a fit of laughter.
"Y-You must be joking! Aha... Ahahahaha!" The merchant smirks snugly and leans on the counter, pointing to the gem in Crowe's hand.

"You must not be from around here, boy. Allow me to educate you on our fair city. Mmmmhmhmhm. You are standing in Concuclare, a city famous for it's Diamond Obsidian Silver, or DOS for short." The merchant stands upright once more, waving Crowe off as he turns back towards his stack of crates.

"That Diamond, you see... It's worthless here. You would have to pay me to take it off your hands!" The merchant lets out one final chuckle before walking away, leaving Crowe standing alone in the rain.
Xelban
Xelban
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

The Excursion to a new world (Open) Empty Re: The Excursion to a new world (Open)

Post by Six Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Only a spectre in the haze, the corners of her lips curved upward in the tiniest of smiles.

The merchant's square had fallen into painful disarray, quickly spearheading the uprising numbers of crime throughout the commons. Although starting on a smaller echelon, thefts and break-ins were becoming much too common. Months before Xixas could no longer hold his crown, those unfortunate enough to lack the ability to walk through the gates and migrate elsewhere took out their frustrations of lacking stability by taking stability through acts of obtuse self-justification. The endless rainfall that had begun the day Xixas was lost. In preparation, she had told herself, for the continual and perhaps swelling wound inside the hearts of the suffering that would only fester crime and a crumbling society even further until Concuclare whittled away into ashes and dust. It was the best she could do-- the best she would do.

~After all, nobody likes to go out in the rain.~

Brielle no longer had a reason to stay in Concuclare after Xixas, but it felt to horrid to leave these people to their fate. Without direction, without a king, and without themselves, it was still only a matter of time before the legends of Majesty became exactly that. Legends.

The man who congealed within the merchant's square alleyways was an immediate flag. At first, Brielle held wary of a Regnum Messenger in one or maybe both ways. However, it became evident through the eruption of sparks and shadows that this stranger was, in fact, neither of those things. Kept in full armour, permeating darkness, they would have to be either incredibly obvious as to their origins or lethally clever. Brielle could only foresee the former.

With her body still within the confines of rain and mist, only Brielle's voice took any shape. "I can't imagine you traveled to such a fair city to peddle a light bulb!". Her tone was teasing, but still soft. "If you've come here with knowledge of Concuclare, I can only assume you're looking for something special". What that might be, Brielle could only guess. "If not, you must be a newly created". Using Xixas' gateway to the Seventh Plane, where her true body stood around dusting gray tea leaves, she could feel the soft hum of Echo from the armoured giant. It was clear enough what he was after a moment's consideration. "Although, that's silly of me to assume".
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Excursion to a new world (Open) Empty Re: The Excursion to a new world (Open)

Post by Xelban Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:24 pm

The voice came swiftly, yet softly all at once. Crowe could hear the gentle hum of a woman's voice through each drop of rain that broke upon the bulwark that was his armor. This small incident in itself was more than enough to pique Crowe's interest.

Throwing his head back, looking into the cloudy sky Crowe yelled gleefully.
"INTERESTING! THIS WORLD... IS INTERESTING!"

After enjoying a brief chuckle to himself, Crowe lowered his head and spoke to his unexpected guest. "So... Rain that speaks into minds, tell me what you know of this world. I wish to decipher it's secrets..."
Xelban
Xelban
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down