Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
race - New Race Event! (Again!) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Race Event! (Again!)

2 posters

Go down

race - New Race Event! (Again!) Empty New Race Event! (Again!)

Post by Gemini Maxxim Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:29 pm

On Ender's behalf, due to his lack of access to a computer, I will be announcing the latest chance for the people of OVB to contribute a new race! The event works just like it always has, give your ideas for a new race in the world of Ae'Ire. Make sure to include their name, physical distinctions, accessible magicks, origin, and any other pros and cons they have going for them.

Here's an example of a race I threw together myself, just in case you're not quite sure what you're doing:

Name: Transcendeds
Appearance: To outsiders, Transcendeds appear as a normal member of their base race. However, other Transcendeds can see them for that they truly are: beings on their way out of a physical form, slowly losing their essence to the Ether. They have a distinct aura which gives them the inherent ability to detect others of their race, as well as other strong magical sources.
Background: Born in the fires of war, when overuse of magical energy damaged the gateway to the Ether (plane of all magical residue), energy began to leak out and effect the races of Ae'Ire. Humans, and rarely other races as well, transformed into beings of magick. Now they hide amongs their peers, both for their own safety and for the safety of others from their incredible power.
Magicks: Based on their nature, their magical powers are different from the traditional, manifesting in an apparent form of pure energy. Fueled by their own essence, and that which they draw from the Ether, their powers take the form of psychokinetic attacks and other abilities, ranging from weapons to barriers to blasts of force. Some more powerful Transcendeds are even able to harness enough energy to combat other magics one-to-one, capabable of neutralizing them with enough struggle.
Pros:
-Can sense the presence of other Transcendeds and strong magical sources; they live, breathe, and feel magic.
-High fortitude and resistance to physical ailments
Cons:
-Unstable form, susceptible to intense forms of magical disturbance
-Traits of base race are significantly reduced

If you want to enter, make sure you fill out the same template with your own idea, and remember to be creative. Prizes are a secret for now, but I'm sure Ender has something great in store. I hope to see lots of entries, so we can all work together to make OVB a better site!

Gemini Maxxim
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message