Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Velvet Order
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

There is a zero tolerance policy with-
Sexual harassment, social/cyber attacks, prejudice, and hybrid characters.
Velvet Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surpassing History
Awaited Arrival EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 pm by Six

» Xixas Averall - Forged Armaments
Awaited Arrival EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm by Six

» Zahkir Fulstovka
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:45 pm by Scarecrow

» Logos - Archhive
Awaited Arrival EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm by Six

» Riisa vel Siefreet
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm by Six

» Guldfaxe - He of the Golden Mane
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 pm by Octo

» Uriah Engraham
Awaited Arrival EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Threading Needles
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm by Six

» (Ch. 1) Iron Road
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm by Exposition

» Troupe de Cartes
Awaited Arrival EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm by Zechs

» Lu Scarlet - Light Wanders
Awaited Arrival EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Praeci
Awaited Arrival EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm by Cedric

» Kayden Lhyeu
Awaited Arrival EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm by Cedric

» (Ch. 1) Fleeting Webs of Wires
Awaited Arrival EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm by Walpurgisnacht

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Awaited Arrival

4 posters

Go down

Awaited Arrival Empty Awaited Arrival

Post by Zechs Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 am

The city of Bergeluçon peaked over the hill Zechs rode up, upon a white horse that quickened at the sight. A small and modest city that stood above the trees, the white towers of the capital greeted their arrival. The sunlight of mid-day illuminated the forest that surrounded it, a fresh humid air that reminded him of Sanc rushing by toward the city, pushing him further.

It was still a short ride toward the gates, a night's travel beginning to show on their horses, but he continued along with the regal poise he departed with, long forgotten somewhere along their journey. The idea of a possible cure lunged to the forefront of his mind, and although he had no immediate plan of where to look, the city ahead of him that basked in the sunlight had given him a baseless hope he had no choice but to trust.

"We've arrived, at last." He said to himself, then aloud, "We can trust the welcoming nature we've heard about, but we must still abide by our low profiles, if possible." A cast of doubt toward Cedric clouded his tone, but a relieved expression visibly rested on Zechs, looking back to him. "Thank you for coming with me, my friend."

The entrance showed itself through the trees as they approached, giving a glimpse into the city and its streets. The gates were opened. With no guards or person in sight, a straight and free pass awaited them into the capital of Coeura.
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Awaited Arrival Empty Re: Awaited Arrival

Post by Cedric Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am

Spurring his dapple to follow behind Zechs, Cedric could feel nothing but suspicion. Granted, it was because the whole 'cure' thing felt more like someone was pulling them along on a string, tidbits and crumbs just enough to lead them here. His eyes swept over the scene, seeing no guard.

"As you say. I will keep my mouth shut, if only to help our cause. I'm sure you know how much that pains me."

The joke aside, he couldn't help but feel his skin begin to crawl as the hairs on the back of his neck stood at attention. He wasn't daft enough to have missed the hints of a faceless protector, something of which he'd rather not face currently. Picking his words carefully, he coaxed his horse closer to Zechs.

"Do you have an idea as to where we begin?" The murmur was just loud enough to be heard over their animal's hooves, his eyes scanning over the other travelers and Couerans as he kept his head bent politely.
Cedric
Cedric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Zechs would have liked to say he had some idea, but the streets he traveled were unknown to him. They traveled along the lively streets without issue, no one they passed by sparing a glance at them.

However, an empty feeling washed over him in an instant, a resounding reminder that told him they had used all of their traveling supplies. Though accordingly and on schedule, the sight of nothing in his bag for food disheartened him on a noticeable level. "To start, find somewhere to stop and rest for a moment."

Leaving their horses to eat in the care of a stable worker, he entered an open air diner that sat on the main streets. A humble patio filled with others eating, focused on their own conversations with no mind to the king's ragged looks, Zechs felt like he could remove his hood and not a soul would recognize him.
"A beautiful country, I'm glad we made the journey here. Still, where to start is our next issue." The city was small, and not very many places to go, though he knew it to be the only ones Coeura had. "If we're dealing with a city like this, a search for answers shouldn't be hard. Directions, mostly.." Trailing off into his water flask, his mind was focused on his hunger for the time being.
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 pm

More than willing to agree to rest, the diner Zechs chose offered things that Cedric didn't commonly find in season with one another. Choosing a fruit-filled dish, he thoughtfully drummed his fingers. "This is a very prosperous capital, and as such we may need to look at how the other commerce areas are run within Ae'Ire. Where would we typically go for directions, anyway?" As their waitress served their foods, Ced carefully picked at the bundle of berries adorning his plate.

"Would we benefit from going to the center? You've already pointed out gracefully that we could easily search. Where, though, would we begin? And, before we leave, we will need to garner more supplies. I've got the gold accounted for such." Choosing a strawberry, he carefully debated his next sentence. If he didn't word it correctly, Zechs may get disheartened. Plus, he couldn't break from their guises.

"... Not to be obtuse. Angles and humor aside- I genuinely have no idea where we'd ask. Much less what we're asking for. A healer? A surgeon?" Setting down the removed leaves, Cedric looked up through his dyed bangs, eyes locked to his comrade. "Or something else? Where do you believe we should start?"
Cedric
Cedric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exposition Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 pm

A breeze surges across the earthen surface like a crashing wave of ice, heralding the arrival of a dimming sky. As clouds of silver and ebony cast their reign over the horizons, the world is painted a darker hue.

A minute passes before a gentle drizzle kisses the capital city; a tender rainfall so soft.
Exposition
Exposition
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 pm

The sunny day was overtaken by sudden rain clouds, at a speed that Zechs couldn't help but notice. The people around him seemed to pay it no mind, aside from moving inside the diner. However, it felt different, the raindrops carrying a sensation he picked up on.

Having eaten his food rather quickly, he returned to the dusty stone streets that darkened by the rain. "Let's take a look around, then. I want to get acquainted with the city a bit more." He continued, following the open traffic of the people, giving a small smile as the only thing one could see from his face under his hood.
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Blinking, Cedric quickly shovelled the fruits into his mouth- what he couldn't he carried as he bounced after Zechs. The city seemed indifferent to the sudden storm, choosing to take it in the weird stride it followed. Something off best to the tattoo of the rest of Ae'Ire, and that most certainly didn't go unnoticed.

Finishing off the berries, he clapped his gloves together to remove the juices, slowly turning in a circle. "This place is odd. A storm out of nowhere, one that I don't feel any clash in the skies from? What's your take upon this? Also, should we seek the ones who are still outside in this weather for questions- or avoid them?"

His opinion was based that those who were outside had a reason to be. Rarely did one find someone willing to sit in rain, but seeking shelter didn't seem necessary. Casting his gaze over the buildings, he realized that what he'd heard was true. They couldn't be more than a decade or so old- the stones of the streets barely work down into the soil. "Maybe the older citizens would be the ones to ask..."
Cedric
Cedric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm

It amassed like a curtain of glass, each individual drop of rain segmented the fabric of the air and replacing each, individual, minuscule pillar of reality with a section of color.

A hundred, a thousand, a million times at once in the span of a heart beat. As the rain took its place in existence, a construct had formed. A hand-- then two, emerged. As the statuesque figure of gentle deluge slipped through the curtain, liquid pigments swirled within like ink in oil.

The torso of a woman appeared became visible. Her skin was pale yet natural, barren of imperfections. A long tan blouse fit her comfortably, tinges of robin blue and orchid swirled through its cloth and settled in a pattern of mystique and modesty. She stepped through her makeshift tear in the world, her long, black velvet skirt fluttering despite the lack of any hard winds. Her eyes were soft and attentive, a knowing smile decorated her lips. As if under the water's surface, her umber locks drifted in the air, slowly drifting around her head. As always, she kept her hair short.

Brielle reached outward with both of her hands and softly pressed the fingertips of each hand between the shoulder blades of each man, her body now as existentially dry as their own. She pressed forward gently, reveling in her successful sneak attack.

"Sir Renaurd, and sir Cedric," she began, the Vaium's voice careful not to raise beyond a noticeable volume. "I've missed both you more than you could ever know." she admitted with a smile so earnest, she knew she meant what she said.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:31 pm

A stunned silence forced Zechs's voice down for a moment, removing his hood in the center of town without a thought to his surroundings. He immediately recognized the face of the woman before him, but hearing her voice for the first time in years had phased even the glacial king. "Brielle?" He managed, taking the moment to assess she was who he thought, and not long to confirm it.

Still standing in the middle of the street, never minding the people who had to reform the traffic to accommodate their positions, a faint smile rested on his noticeably tired countenance, an undeniable sincerity by way of its rarity.
"To think it would take a newly established nation for us to meet, it's certainly been a while." He finally mustered his usual cadence, continuing. "Still, it's wonderful to see you again, Brielle." His voice carried the weight of years in seclusion from his kingdom, his royal manners waning in trying to refine the sentiment in his words. It had been too long since he had seen a familiar face.

Without a plan for his stay in Coeura, a worry for his next step had been lifted upon seeing his old friend through presence alone.
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Feeling himself humbled, Cedric turned with a small smile. He physically couldn't address Brielle, but the familiar presence was one that he didn't expect. Which, of course, only made it far more pleasant to see her.

With a steep bow, he bent before her- memories of Zechs' training easily showing him what he should do in her presence. Taking his place one step behind his King, he did nothing more but offer a kind look in return.

It was the only thing he could give, and far less than she deserved.
Cedric
Cedric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:40 am

Fragments of ice compressed into themselves, crunching into power and evaporating into raindrops. Brielle finished forming herself.

With a gentle cadence, Brielle pulled her hands back to her sides and made a display of "dusting" off the hem of her skirt. She held the eyes of Zechs in her own, tentatively. She found herself wondering if he could see the droplets of rain behind her irises like beads of water on tiny glass frames.

"Quite so! I've been so alone ever since I lost my job that it has been hard to keep myself occupied. The newest addition to your lands is ever lovely and yet.. I find it lacks that distinct Bright Ire charm."

She clapped her hands together without a sound. "It's a gift to see you two here. You both make me feel much more at home. Though, it's a rather long way from your home, isn't it?"

Brielle exchanged inclined her head to the side with a decorous grin, reserved for both of them. She was truly happy to see familiar faces again.

With a momentary glance, she lightly weighed the Seraph in her mind, a careful glance indicating her hesitating mood. She normally didn't bother with the opinions of Bright Iric inhabitants, as close minded as they usually were, but the Rain Vaium felt a tinge of sadness when the friend of a friend treated her like she was an infectious disease of some sort.

Regardless, she willingly gave the man a truthful smile-- one that reached her eyes, yet returned her attention to Zechs Renaurd as to avoid discomforting Cedric any further. She did understand why, although still. Emotions were a spectacularly burdensome blessing.

Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:48 am

A cloud swiftly passed over Zechs's darkened face at her question, yet not fast enough to go unnoticed, and his voice lowered to just to the two of them. "It truly is a long story, but one I believe you should know, Brielle." He stopped to look around himself, not one person sparing a glance to him.

His suspicious countenance drifted coming back to her, adopting a stern but noticeably troubled face. "Back then, in the war with Regnum." A sigh escaped under his breath before continuing. "I fought a man in the Realm of Ether, who used a power that left a mark on me that has not healed since that day all those years ago, spreading and rendering my magic circuits against me, rejecting my body outright and straining their use."

Taking another glance around his periphery, the restlessness on him was tangible and his voice quiet, but exuding a tempestuous undertone. "Years I've searched for a cure, but no person or location has provided me an answer, nor a lead to one." Again his face darkened. "Time I've wasted on myself, instead of my people in times of civil war on the heels of our past strifes."

Softening his irritated expression, he raised his head back to the Rain Vaium with attentive eyes. "It's what brings us here on such grim terms. Not many know my affliction, and I regret having to trouble you with its burden on our meeting, yet may I ask your help in anything you may know about its treatment?"
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Each word from the king resulted in the offset of a million crystalline droplets from the blackening sky. As Zechs spoke, the one soft drizzle crescendoed into a fervent, cascading downpour with a roar to rival the king's own namesake. The cityfolk quickly huddled, then dispersed to cover to escape the unrelenting waterfall. However, the king and his adviser remained untouched by the skyfall. Within their own pocket of the city, the rain slipped passed them as if they stood under a glass dome.

Her brow was furrowed and she pursed her lips, staining her once-tranquil demeanor with one with a much deeper, heavier bearing.

"I knew what.. I heard the stories, but the specifics.." Brielle huffed, her irises mirroring her mood with a navy tinge. It took only a moment, but the cogs linked together in her mind as she pieced together the truth behind the events five years ago. She never had a mind to consider it before, but now, there was something left unraveled all this time?

Xixas and his wards were always to dear to her. She dreamed longingly of the years she spent examining and enjoying their days of growth. She was always a cloud or two back then, but Xixas always helped her feel attached. Even if minuscule, the king meant something to Brielle, as the child she watched grow into a young man..

"May I.. see what ails you? Nobody will see it through the veil, I can assure you."

She flicked her gaze from him to parts of his body she suspected might be battered and sliced. Still, it amazed her to see Zechs Renaurd on his feet, walking around as if uninjured at all. Was he lying? No, she didn't think so. In fact, was Zechs even capable of lying? She hoped not.

Especially since he's only a human, she felt a flutter of.. something.. pride?-- in her chest to know the little boy she watched from sky adamantly govern the state of himself.

After all, Brielle knew full well what kinds of wounds the Ether could inflict.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:19 am

A moment taken to assess what had formed around them had passed as soon as it came, Zechs returning to the main question from Brielle.
Removing his dirtied and tattered brown cloak, his regal uniform of pristine black gave truth to his title as king, his sword Arondight loosely hanging on the back of his waist.

Placing his hand on his lower torso, he lifted the bottom of his black dress coat and undershirt, revealing an abyssal color stricken across his abdomen.
A ghastly mist faintly fell from the wound, devoid of color in the center with hues of grievous violet around the edges of the area. His face contorted at the sight, sickened himself at what he lived with.

"A drain on myself and my magic, this hole has remained open since I had received it."

A small construct of ice formed in Zechs's hands, intricate and compact, its elegant surface cracked as a jolt of pain shot through his arm, the mist falling from his injury spiking in the same instance. His expression was dull, like he had seen it a thousand times before. "Nothing I've tried affects it, and use of my circuits erupts my magic from this wound."
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Without Brielle noticing, she found her head tilting the other way as she inspected the ethereal scar. It oozed in a sedated manner, dripping with a lethargic flow like molasses slowed by time. By her assessment, it would begin to grow over him, both inside and out, within ten years time.

"Is this truly the burden that you carry?" She whispered, more to herself than to the two men.

When Zechs had first shown the wound, Brielle was thankful for their height difference. Had she been any taller or him any shorter, she would have had to drop down to her knees to allow a proper analysis. She would have hated to dirty the hem of her new dress, after all. However..

After seeing the damages, the gentle weather bearer quickly acknowledged that would never have been the case at all, after all. She knew, after only a second's contemplation, what this was. It was almost instinctual, almost muscle memory. And yet...

Am I missing something?

Carefully, Brielle stepped backwards. Her pensive mask quickly dissolved; a brilliant grin then given to a king and his companion.

"I know how to fix this, Zechs." She allowed herself use of his first name, hoping it would come off as a friendly gesture rather than a rude one. "In fact, it's quite easy. You could rid yourself of this ailment in a day's time. Perhaps less."

During a moment between her words, she felt a ping inside of her chest. "Although.. if I may inquire of you, sir Renaurd. What do you plan to do after you are healed?" Brielle asked him quizzically, eyes slightly wider than before with a hint of periwinkle within her crystalline irises. Years upon lifetimes of social development have tempered her emotions, allowing her question to come off as only partially overly curious and overly.. something.*

-

*How you respond to Brielle will drastically affect the following events.
Six
Six
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:50 am

The words spoken so easily by Brielle echoed endlessly in his mind, assuring but still striking him blank. "Easy.." His low voice escaped, failing to reach the others, but he returned to reality in the same moment.

The emotion across his face couldn't be hidden completely, however, and an expression of a thousand harbored words were all that showed, but his mind again was called back from Brielle's question, one that stopped him briefly, but the answer formed soon enough.
“I must admit, it's been nice to be outside of Sanc after so long, regardless of motives, but my duties still rest in Sanc's prosperity and the friends who trusted me, and the ones who don't. It's plagued with internal problems by my hand, and I mustn't neglect them, or fail them again. If I can become cured, the ability to lead my kingdom back from ruin is something I must dedicate myself to.”

His darkened countenance softened after a brief silence, lifting his head back to meet his friend again with a brightened glimpse for a moment, “I've asked your help once already without returning the favor, yet I would hate for us to part ways this soon.” His forward words were cast before thought, still he continued, "A simple request, but one I must make for a friend. Even though our mission has been long and rather uneventful until now, would you be willing to accompany us for the rest of it?"
Zechs
Zechs
Awaiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum