Order of the Velvet Blade
We'd appreciate if you'd log in for your visit! If you'd like to know more about us, visit the general tab, or click the links on the left side of the forum page.

O - V - B

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Read the RULES before starting any RP- you don't want to get in trouble right off the bat, do you?
OVB is going through some changes- be sure to check everything out before starting RPs!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Online Staff
Helpful Links

Latest topics
» Aftermath - Old Chicago
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am by Flynn

» Taiyari Tsijiari
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm by Taiyari

» A letter in a bottle.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm by Flynn

» Chasing Shadows [CLOSED]
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am by Taiyari

» Generic loli character
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm by Flynn

» Splitting Edges and Oceans
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am by Erynn

» Primo Atto[rado]
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm by Octo

»  --RETCON--
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm by Flynn

» Vau'isus | Belongs to Alvaih
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Kat

» Valiant, Alvaih Onämdottir (W.I.P.)
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm by Kat

» Asher Lionhartd
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm by Zechs

» Serephene, the Broken Star
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am by Erynn

» Vinculis Sine
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 am by Flynn

» Erynn Rae
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 am by Flynn

Poll
Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Potential new ability system?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Admin

PostSubject: Potential new ability system?   Thu May 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Not going to waste time presenting everything on a silver platter so here you go!

The system I have in mind is a balance between what makes a stats system strong and what makes a free rp system strong. Here's the basis.

A starting character will have six "Slots". First, let me explain what Slots are.

[] [] [] [] [] []

Let's say each of these is a Slot. You fill these slots with your abilities! So theoretically, you'll have six right off the bat. Or maybe only two, depending.

Techniques

Techs take up 1 slot. Techs are the smallest which are something simple like: "Throws a fireball". Let's say you take fireball as a Tech.

[+] [] [] [] [] []

That's a visual of what it'll look like.

Powers

Powers are the second strongest. They allow a little more ownership of the magic/move you're using. For example: "The ability to control and manipulate fire". Let's say you take Pyromancy as a Power.

[+] [-] [-] [] [] [] (the plus sign is from the fireball you took before)

Abilities

Abilities are the strongest aspects of your magic, style, and/or moveset. They widely encompass multiple possible actions within themselves alone. Look at something like this: "Ability to use rainbow fire and each colour of the rainbow fire gives a different effect to the user". Let's say you take this rainbow fire as an ability.

[+] [-] [-] [=] [=] [=] (the plus sign and the dash marks are from the fireball and Pyromancy respectively).

And now, your character's starting moveset is this!

-Fireball [+]
-Pyromancy [-] [-]
-Rainbow Fire [=] [=] [=]

So here, you have a Technique, a Power, and an Ability that take up your slots! You can freely mix and match to have six Techs, three Powers, or even two Abilities. Or any combination like three Techs and an Ability or two Techs and two Powers.

But, Flynn! You might ask: Is this the limit? How do we get new powers? Well, my dear member. The same as you normally do! Character development. Winning a battle (sometimes even losing if you are extreme enough), participating in important story topics, succeeding in Quests, event rewards, participating in long topics and such. You can earn more slots and in turn, increase your moveset!

Let me know what you think in the comments below! Or, you know. On Skype. Either or.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Potential new ability system?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1